GP2X Gp2x "sleep Mode" Program Probably Possible(?)

tkeely4777

Still Fresh
I know a real "Sleep Mode" is not technically possible, but what about this: a program that will run at 1 or 2 Mhz, turn off the screen and lock the buttons down (and the way to undo this would be a button combination code, similar to turning off the F200 screen while listening to music). While it may not let you pick up where you left off in a game of Donkey Kong Country or Sonic, it would at least bring you back out to the main menu with your GP2X ready to go. :)

Fake Edit: Also, would it be hard to program in a similar feature to exisiting emulators or software? With something like this at your disposal, it would make PDA or organization (or, even dare I say it, CLOCK) software possibly worth having.

So, what does everyone think?

It would be good to try to impliment a kind of process like Energy Saver (which i use in my '2x) in the gp2x linux kernel. That way i wouldnt turn it off for about 1 minute of non-use when i need to do something =]

Just my 2.590387 AUD cents (what its worth varies by what country you are in =D).

Aaron.

Back