Gp2x Predecessor Out Before Christmas?

nickspoon said:
The latest in a long line of bodily-function-related console names. Let's rename the Pandora to 'Pis' and be done with it.
That'd be silly. The Pandora's being renamed the Lactate.

Last edited by a moderator:
nickspoon said:
The latest in a long line of bodily-function-related console names. Let's rename the Pandora to 'Pis' and be done with it.
xD
interesting that they all refer to waste products - i always thought the Wii's potential was wasted on ports and gimmicks.

anyway, about the miniGP2X or GP3X or whatever it'll be: i'm all for a free market! this'll definitely be interesting.

let's hope the next GPH machine fills a position similar to advancing from GBA SP to GBA Micro: a tiny version of what we already have, and still have much fun enjoying the added portability. Or just being a new console that performs when we need a really small piece of fun in our pocket.

If it's around the same size as Pandora, well, it's just competition for the sake of competition. It'll probably be cheaper, but it tries to fill the same niche. The brand behind it should also give it a good push however, as they did design and market the GP2X (making some mistakes as we all know too. Hmm!)

completing this analogy, the Pandora is the DS: much more powerful (speaking relatively) and the next generation. :p
or maybe the PSP, as it's significantly more powerful and from a different company organisation. ;)

It depends what people want: the next generation of what succeeded before, or a complete fresh experience. I'll try to get both if i can, and publish a good comparison. :lol:

The word Wiz just fills my head with the disturbing image of Micheal Jackson dressed as a scarecrow and nothing shoould ever make anyone think of that.

I ain't buying something with the word Wiz on it unless I buy a bottle of paint stripper with it, I just can't take that disturbing image.

fusion_power said:
[Hey, the GP2X was named "GPX2" during Development, this is completely different! :lol:
Would be funny if the "Wiz" would be out before Pandora. ^_^
The "WIZ" more than likely will beat Pandora to the punch. Cause, staying on the Seinfield theme, "Nobody beats the WIZ! Nobody!". With the GP2X discontinued, does this forum become the official home of the "WIZ"? Now that's funny.

My vote is for the ever hilarious GPEnis, but I don't see what's so bad about the name "Wiz". After the Wii, people have come to accept bodily fluids/functions as perfectly valid console/handheld names :p

Whatever it's called, I'll be buying one and developing for it too.

Back