Gp2x Predecessor Out Before Christmas?

CronoTriggerfan

Website
pixelstopolygons.com
Anyone else catch this?

GBAX.com said:
We will be dropping the EEE range of computers and replacing it with the Pandora, we will also soon have news of the new mini GP2X console which should be shipping in time for Christmas.
I knew it was coming soon, but that soon, and with no warning? Wow. Should they be priced low enough, I may get a few as gifts instead of DS Lites. Now here's to hoping that damn dual D-Pad design ends up in the trash where it belongs...

Last edited by a moderator:
It's interesting that the description is "mini GP2X console" and not GPH console. Is it a backward compatible GP2X console then? It's funny that the EEE range of computers are being dropped in favour of Pandora considering craigix has stated that Pandora has no competitor.

DisgruntleElf said:
It's interesting that the description is "mini GP2X console" and not GPH console. Is it a backward compatible GP2X console then? It's funny that the EEE range of computers are being dropped in favour of Pandora considering craigix has stated that Pandora has no competitor.
Yeah, I thought the same thing about the phrasing. Even with the more powerful chipset, is this just an "F-300", if you will? Should be interesting. And I guess he must consider the EEE a competitor in some way if he's taking it down in lieu of Pandora.

Craig and co. are not afraid of the NetBooks market (EEE and the like), but I believe Craig is not welling to stock something that has low profit margin and huge competition as the EEE.

He is putting all the eggs in one basket, and judging from what I saw Craig doing with the type of items and quantities he has in stock, he knows what he is doing. Anyone remember that huge ebay auction Craig had? :)

Oh, just to be picky...

Predecessor means "came before". I read this thread thinking that you were talking about the F-100 or the GP32 being sold again. You probably meant "successor".

norm said:
why is this in other consoles when its a mini gp2x? :S
Not sure if it will be called "mini gp2x"

ledow said:
Oh, just to be picky...

Predecessor means "came before". I read this thread thinking that you were talking about the F-100 or the GP32 being sold again. You probably meant "successor".
I know, it was late! :lol:

waffles said:
Interesting, if its 100 or so bucks it will be hard to justify the pandora.
how so?

the pandora is in a totally different league

i wonder how compatibility with current 2x software will be?

I have just called it that because a) that is what it seems to be looking at the specs and B ) I'm not supposed to use the real name.

craigix said:
I'm not supposed to use the real name.
seinfeld-wiz.jpg

IM THE WIZ!! IM THE WIZ!!!!!!

:p

The latest in a long line of bodily-function-related console names. Let's rename the Pandora to 'Pis' and be done with it.

In case you don't know:

GPH and EvilDragon will show the new console on the IFA , an exhibition taking place in Berlin, Germany from 29.08.- 03.09.2008.
Then we know the official name.

Source (German).

Proof.

Regards,
Stephan

sbock said:
Then we know the official name.
i.e. the "Wiz". I doubt they'll rename the frigging thing, remember the GPX2 debacle?

Nova said:
i.e. the "Wiz". I doubt they'll rename the frigging thing, remember the GPX2 debacle?
Hey, the GP2X was named "GPX2" during Development, this is completely different! :lol:

Would be funny if the "Wiz" would be out before Pandora. ^_^

the new gph handheld as been in development probally since the F200 launched at least and probally have a larger team than the pandora crew.

Back