Gp2X Or Gp32 Emulators?

Gruntfuggly

Mostly Harmless
Website
www.zaonce.com
I tried searching, but didn't really find anything:

Is anybody planning to write a GP2X or a GP32 emulator for the Pandora?

Squidge - are you planning to port your GP32 emulator?

I believe a while ago someone mentioned GP2X compatibility, but to me it seems unnecessary.

GP2X, GP32 = Open Source

Compile them on the Pandora! That way you don't have to worry about control schemes, touch screen can be implemented, etc.

The gp32 emulator on the gp2x never really got to a playable stage. The only working gp32 emulator remains GeePee32 for the PC, which I suppose could be ported if someone could find the source.

Though Willrandship makes a good point...unless you really want to play those gp32 commercial games (and, come on, who does)

Actually, I was kinda worried about getting flamed there. :lol:

Did the 32 have commercial games? I never even knew it existed until the Pandora was announced. I always thought it was just the GP2X!

I was actually thinking something similar myself the other day, but was too scared to post anything.

After thinking about it some more I came to the conclusion that it would be pointless as the vast majority of software available for the GP32 & GP2X has source code available. I would like to play with my now dead GP32 again though.

I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned that GP2X will work without a hitch... (don't quote me on that)
GP32... that's a different story.

But in my mind it's almost pointless because basically what you get is an emulator to run an emulator?
Unless you're interested in the commercial games and... come one... who is? ;)

Well, Cave Story is right there for the GP2x and it's closed source!

Also, Pinball Dreams was a really nice commercial GP32 title :) But yeah, you probably could care less about this one.

HackModford said:
I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned that GP2X will work without a hitch... (don't quote me on that)
GP32... that's a different story.
I recall it was mentioned that they were binary compatible, but that doesn't mean they will run. Someone gave a list of reasons why a game might not run but I can't remember what any of them are. They might work, but don't count on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wolfsclaw said:
Exactly why some sort of emulator/compatibility layer would be useful. It would be nice, though, for a Pandora-optimized Cave Story! I can dream...

Why emulate the consoles? All(mostly all) apps are open source. Just compile for Pandora!

Wolfsclaw said:

Thus my interest. I believe Mr. Parzer might be interested in doing a Pandora port (though I wouldn't want to speak for him), but Nicalis has to give the okay. I just want the pixels, so a GP2x emu would be ideal if they don't go for it.

Willrandship said:
Actually, I was kinda worried about getting flamed there. :lol:

Did the 32 have commercial games? I never even knew it existed until the Pandora was announced. I always thought it was just the GP2X!
Yes indeed:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_commercial_GP32_games
and it had some really great ones ("Blue Angelo" especially. It was later ported to GBA but the GBA graphics are much worse)

ba07mod.GIF

slaanesh said:
And it's probably just as easy to use your existing GP32. Or buy one! :D
The diagonals on my GP32 no longer work, and the screen is a bit wonky.

So a nice GP32 emulator would be much appreciated. :) (or a port of Blue Angelo. It was made by someone named Adriano Baglio)

It was made available in the same year as the Game Boy Advance (2001). ;)

Yup, there's a ton of GP32 homebrew out there that I know won't be ported over. It would be great to keep that software library alive as my gp32 is slowly failing is well.

It seems only fitting to have a GP32 emulator on a system that was born out of the GP32/GP2x community. :D

I was about to point out what everyone was saying (that the emulator wouldn't be too useful), but then I saw the words "Cave Story".
DAMN IT!
Now this NEEDS to happen.

I tried to get in contact with the author of geepee32 (since there was a linux version) but my email got returned =/

Back