Gp2x Not Reading From Sd

spiky_boy

Still Fresh
Hi

I've got a F200 running firmware 4.0.0. I haven't used it in a while. I booted it up recently and it can't read from the SD card anymore. It doesn't show any errors. It just appears empty.

If you connect it up to the PC with the USB cable the PC can see the SD card fine so I don't think it's a problem with the card reader or card. Any ideas?

I had the same problem once, after a crash during a data transfer. Re-flashing the firmware fixed it. Just stick with the same version firmware, and make sure you follow the right flashing procedure.

If it's one from the first gp2x F200 batch, it might be the broken SD Card slot-problem.
Don't know any fix except for sending it back :/

Had a similar problem myself but realized that it was because the little fabric tab that goes under the batteries was bunched up and putting pressure on the plastic behind the sd card slot... Lame... I straightened the fabric out and it has worked fine ever since. You might want to try that before you reflash or send it back... Just on a lark..

p B)

I have infact a similar problem but my SD cards work. It may be a bit different and stupid though :p
In my old GP2X (the black F100, without the touch) I have two SD cards, 512MB and 1GB.

I lent a GP2X-F200 from my friend and he gave me an SD card of 32MB for it. This works. But the other SD cards while they are full in my old GP2X, in the new one they appear empty without data. Should I reformat the SD cards for the new GP2X or should they still work since they work on the old GP2X? Strange. Do I need some app from gamepark site to do the format or can I from a card reader?

This has happened to me about 10 times since i've had my gp2x, normally blowing air into the card slot, and all over the card will do it, not very scientific, but it's worked for me :)

i have a fx100.... it stopped reading my 2 cards 10 mins ago....(i use it everyday..) in windows they show data...
blowing air did not help..... and i dont want to re-install the FW...

any other suggestions ?

pongplaya said:
i have a fx100.... it stopped reading my 2 cards 10 mins ago....(i use it everyday..) in windows they show data...

any other suggestions ?
You need to reflash. This issue is why I signed up here in the first place. Don't worry, it's quick and easy to do!

Last edited by a moderator:
Metalwario64 said:
pongplaya said:

any other suggestions ?
You need to reflash. This issue is why I signed up here in the first place. Don't worry, it's quick and easy to do!

will try... but how do i reflash without sd card reading ???
hope it works... as gp2x are hard to find nowadays :) (does anyone sell a used fx 200 ???)
(just in case mine is really broke.... if mine works again im still intrested as i would inherit my gp2x to my "lil" bro just i did with my gp32 :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back