Gp2x Mac Friendly?

I would guess yes on the transfer as the GP2X will probably work off of the mass storage drivers, but I couldn't give you an answer on the SDK though, sorry.

garteth posted on Sep 28 2005 at 11:37 AM said:
Do you think the GP2x will be compatible with macs as that is my primary computer.

ie Will the SDK, hardware and USB transfer work on a mac?

SDK: Since it's SDL, there's no reason it shouldn't work on a Mac. I'm fairly certain there's a Mac port of SDL.

As for USB transfer, I see no reason why it wouldn't. The GP32 did, if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ravnos posted on Sep 28 2005 at 06:41 PM said:
garteth posted on Sep 28 2005 at 11:37 AM said:
Do you think the GP2x will be compatible with macs as that is my primary computer.

ie Will the SDK, hardware and USB transfer work on a mac?

SDK: Since it's SDL, there's no reason it shouldn't work on a Mac. I'm fairly certain there's a Mac port of SDL.

As for USB transfer, I see no reason why it wouldn't. The GP32 did, if I'm not mistaken.

Well, infact the GP32 USB usage with Macs was kinda saga at the beginning. However, as the GP2X will have Linux USB drivers, I wouldn't be worried about the compatability with Macs. :blink:

Ravnos posted on Sep 29 2005 at 04:41 AM said:

The SDK won't work out-of-the box, since all the tools are x86. I'll try and put together an OS X/PPC toolchain when I get my GP2X. It should just be a of recompiling the tools.

As far as using the GP2X it will work fine, you know putting your music, videos, and games on it. But as for coding for it, I have no clue.

If all else fails you have to buy an sd card reader, but I bet the gp2x will just mount as an external drive. I use only macs, just a little FYI.

And if there are any problems, I'm sure mr_spiv will do a sterling job of ironing them out (assuming you're getting one, you resident GP32 mac guru you).

Back