GP2X Gp2x Loading Screen

EViL386

Still Fresh
Hey Guys and Girls, any ideas where the green loading screen whilst booting is held? I searched the bootloader and kernel for code refering to a bmp (I say BMP because it is the most common type of file used in splash images.) but couldn't find any does anyone know the exact line of code or the filename??

Thanks,
EViL386
:gp2x haxor

I think it's stored in an array in include/linux/linux_logo.h in the kernel source, though that could be something different as I've never personally changed it.

Orkie said:
I think it's stored in an array in include/linux/linux_logo.h in the kernel source, though that could be something different as I've never personally changed it.
1st thing, as the locations of the logos can very from compile to compile you HAVE to rebuild from source to change the logo or you can end up in a real mess with HEX edits ;).

In Open2x it is derived from the standard Linux 2.4 framebuffer logo format with some tweaks for the startup messages and icons (all documented on the wiki here).

For the GPH stock kernel it is a bastard mess of the Linux framebuffer logo format and I personally found it easier to rework Open2x to fit it to be standard then work out the GPH mess and write a BMP > logo converter ;).

As for U-Boot there is a tool in the U-Boot tools folder that makes logo files in a format you can display. That said, I hope you have jTAG if you plan to mess with U-Boot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah im not so bothered about the initial UBoot screen but heres my new question,
if i change to open2x will i still get the normal launcher?
im quite interested in moving to open2x but I dont want to lose any functionality
because i already have a lot of games and software that already works.
but i don't like the linux splash screen (horrible green thing :angry: ) and also the SVN repo for Gp2x firmware
is broken :( so I can't complie from source [ <_< /rant]

Thanks EViL386. :D

How are you trying to checkout the GPH code from there SVN? You can't get the code on Windows due to messed up links in SVN (well POSIX links) but on Linux you can checkout and build, job done.

As for Open2x, well by default we CANT include the GPH menu as that is not open and is copyright GPH so we can't redistribute it. We can provide means for users to put it on there if they want however, what you do it up to you etc.

DJWillis said:
How are you trying to checkout the GPH code from there SVN? You can't get the code on Windows due to messed up links in SVN (well POSIX links) but on Linux you can checkout and build, job done.
Yeah i gather that now that sucks lol (GP2x.com todo: make windows friendly :D)

As for Open2x, well by default we CANT include the GPH menu as that is not open and is copyright GPH so we can't redistribute it. We can provide means for users to put it on there if they want however, what you do it up to you etc.

Are there any menus available? ie can i use these launchers? Archive Launchers

Thanks EViL386. :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
i think you can use both GMenu2x and GP2XMB
the default menu will be GP2XMB as i remember DJWillis or orkie posting it

Back