Gp2x In Uk Newspaper

Nova

Is that a Caanoo in your pocket or are you just ha
Website
Visit site
I was at work this morning, and there were a couple of newspapers out in the staffroom. I was just checking out the Daily Express, and came across this article of best consoles under different categories, and to my surprise, saw my GP2x staring back at me, under the category Best Retro Console.

Obviously, I didn't wanna take the paper over to the photocopier and risk looking like a dweeb, So I discretely took this nice high res photo with my phone.

Take a look, the review is pretty flawed in places, but overall, pants coverage is a lot better than no coverage at all, but I doubt the author has ever used the system.

That's one of the worst reviews I've ever seen. No wonder I don't buy the Express. But it's great news for the device to get any sort of publicity, even if it is inaccurate.

Quake and doom are from the Seventies? :blink:

(of course I know they are not)

...Typical Express :rolleyes:

Nice to see it mentioned though, :) The UK scene must be really really healthy atm though, for a paper like the Express o know about it anyway...

craigix posted on Mar 17 2007 at 05:48 PM said:
In 2006 the daily mail chose the GP2X has the best all round media & games system.

Yeah, In Live magazine.

Last edited by a moderator:
yodaofborg posted on Mar 17 2007 at 07:45 PM said:
Quake and doom are from the Seventies? :blink:

(of course I know they are not)

...Typical Express :rolleyes:

Nice to see it mentioned though, :) The UK scene must be really really healthy atm though, for a paper like the Express o know about it anyway...
That's not as bad as the fact that they "forgot" to mention emulating

Found the Daily Mail article, and it seems it was me who posted it :huh:

It's here

EDIT: No it wasn't.

craigix posted on Mar 17 2007 at 05:48 PM said:
In 2006 the daily mail chose the GP2X has the best all round media & games system.
Why would they do that? I can't see Major Misunderstanding wanting one!

(For people outside the UK, Major Misunderstanding is a typical Daily Mail reader: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_Misunderstanding)

Well, we don't have a staff room, but I've noticed the express in the room used as a staff room - the toilet :)

(Maybe it's the best place for it, too :D )

I had to read the word "seventies" a few times, still makes no sence. ;)

According to the article, we can all download Movies & MP3's from this "SPECIAL" web site. Where the hell
were they searching?

I think they read the back of the box very swiftly and made up the rest, still nice to see something though. :)

That is a shocking review! How can someone who knows so little put their name to something they've researched so little??

I don't know anything about boats, for example(!), but if I was to pen an article about them then I'd read up about where the Atlantic Ocean is...

ste_167 posted on Mar 17 2007 at 11:33 PM said:
That is a shocking review! How can someone who knows so little put their name to something they've researched so little??
:lol: Did you miss this bit: Daily Express? :)

craigix posted on Mar 17 2007 at 11:41 PM said:
I do wish they had mentioned Diana.
They asked me to change my name. I suppose they were afraid that if my real name, Diana Fluck, was in lights, and one of the lights blew..."

I hope that was the right Diana.

Back