Gp2x/gamepark/gph At E3?

ralp99

so the big famous E3 expo is coming up in a few short days. I will be looking fwd to getting to finally see a GP2X in-person for the first time there, myself... (I hope!)

Does anyone on this board know for sure that Gamepark/GPH will be there, will they have a booth anywhere? Any kind of info is useful..

craigix will you be attending? Likewise, anyone else on this board? We can get a drink at the bar.. I usually spend a good half of the 1st day there, anyway..

ralp99 posted on May 7 2006 at 07:18 PM said:
so the big famous E3 expo is coming up in a few short days. I will be looking fwd to getting to finally see a GP2X in-person for the first time there, myself... (I hope!)

Does anyone on this board know for sure that Gamepark/GPH will be there, will they have a booth anywhere? Any kind of info is useful..

craigix will you be attending? Likewise, anyone else on this board? We can get a drink at the bar.. I usually spend a good half of the 1st day there, anyway..

I think only Gamepark will be there, not GPH.

Last edited by a moderator:
rbanner_e3show.gif

damn you guys're superfast

thanks for the info everybody.. shoot i guess that means no GP2X for me to see yet..

i will report in here, on what they show of the XGP stuff though..! the mini's got my eye--

ralp99 posted on May 7 2006 at 07:37 PM said:
damn you guys're superfast

thanks for the info everybody.. shoot i guess that means no GP2X for me to see yet..

i will report in here, on what they show of the XGP stuff though..! the mini's got my eye--

Please ask them about Homebrew on the XGP. Nobody knows if it's possible or not and Gameparks statements are always strange. So please take some pictures, interview them and let us know.

i was invited to go and then the invitation was retracted at the last possible minute. guess how i feel about that.

I can't wait to see them try to run Quake 3 or Unreal Tournament on a CPU with no floating point unit (Quake 3 arguably places a greater load on the CPU than the GPU, and the vast majority of this math is floating point..), a weak GPU with very little (and rather slow) VRAM. And not enough RAM..

whiskthecat posted on May 8 2006 at 08:35 PM said:
The second I turn 16 I'm road tripin with a few pals to E3. B)

You have to be 18, and work for the gaming industry to get in.

Or just chill in the labor pool outside and work the show . You would have to be a teamster though .

Then you get an all access pass .

Edit: you could also just set up a fake webshop and apply for tickets . They take retailers .

Or you could set up a game review site . They take journolists .

Basically it reallyu is not that hard to get in as long as you do some planning .

Edit Again: It seems that E3 is pretty lapse on the industry only rule .

actually every year it becomes more of a pain in the ass. they crack down a little more each time as non-industry folks (unsurprisingly) try to attend in droves. at this point it's pretty damned hard for industry folks to get guest passes at all (wasn't always that way!)

i got kicked out myself a few years ago, it was pretty demeaning to get rejected by a convention full of nerds!!!

Yeah, that's harsh.

Goes to show what an mind bogglingly huge industry the whole electronic entertainment thing is becoming.

Back