GP2X F300

Hooka

That Guy!
Website
Visit site
Well, I've been playing around with my F300 I picked up a little while ago lately and I'm looking forward to trying to get GINGE running on it (not working atm, but I'll keep you guys updated if I make any headway...), the menu loads up but most games glitch out the screen upon starting (might be Wiz diagonal tearing fix... if it's something that simple might be real easy to get fixed up)

But I was wondering does anybody still have the original 13 emulators that came with it?

Anybody have any hardware specs, or anything indepth on the differences between the Wiz and it? I'm noticing a handful of things futz up the display when they launch and it can only be remedied by rebooting...

BennuGD wiz stuff runs on it no problem it seems.

Fenix games appear not to...

Some GLBasic games have graphical glitches, but most are fine it seems...

Also, am I gonna fry it trying to use a GP2X cradle? Is it's tv-out functional with a wiz tv-out cable?

Last edited by a moderator:
is the the vocamaster version used for teaching english?

Id be surprised anyone had it since my impression was that it sold only in South Korea (not Europe or Americas)

I have one at home. Got an archive of emuls for it at some point, I will have to check if I can find it. I got it for cheap in Korea by chance but never really used it. I think I got Picodrive to work on it.

I picked up one off Jumiss for $200 or so before they skyrocketed the price on ebay, same person I got my Caanoo with a handful of korean games on it from ;)

Pickle: yep

benoitb: I have the 8 or so that came preinstalled, but didn't download the full emulator pack or anything for it really back in the day :p

I have 12 emulators for the F300. I am missing the CPS2 emu. I have Alexkidd2x, Gngeo, GPFCE Ultra, gPSP, Lemonboy, Mame4all, NeoCD-Wiz, pcsx_rearmed_r18_wiz, Picodrive, Pocketsnes, Uae4all and wizmsx. I can upload them if you want.

There was a Korean board a few years back that made patches for some Wiz stuff to make it work on the F300. I think the main hurdle was the screen differences but I believe some Wiz stuff works straight off. You may have to make your way through the Wiz archive. Try Quake and Doom (PrBoom).

Amethyst: Please, upload 'em somewhere and I got the CPS2 emu on the card that came with it, looks like you might be missing FBA2X too. Been testing my wiz cards that I've been using in the wiz/testing pandora's GINGE with... 2:1 ratio for working or not it seems. And most that aren't working are just slight issues with display.

things to note: much like GINGE, this system is picky about fenix runtimes, so some additional games can be gained by just switching out the fenix runtime from, say, animatch which works great...

I'll post a list of working titles or something later...

OK. Please find linked the 12 Emulators I have. Could you upload the ones I am missing please. Those Fenix issues you mention ring a bell from a few years back. I remember some Fenix games worked with issues. I recall one game where some moving sprites where missing, and swapping out for a different Fenix fixed it.

http://nearco.netne.net/GP2X-F300/GP2X-F300 Emu Pack.zip

I'm too lazy to copy the game list here, but so far what I've tested on F300 is listed on the GINGE compatibility list down at the bottom with the Wiz stuff, it's the TRUE/FALSE far to the right.

Link is the hero in Zelda, don't forget!

Ideally I'm gonna try and make sure GINGE is working on the F300 too here right away, just focusing on Pandora's version first and I'm slowly getting there, bit by bit I get it all compiling and working ;)

Back