Gp2x F100 Doesn''t Boot Up With Sd Card In

Alghazanth

My F100 screen turns to black and stays like that after the boot screen when I have the SD card inside.It boots and menu is displayed normally if I power it on without the sd card , or if I turn the autorun function off.What I also noticed is that if I insert the card after powering it on I can browse the data and run the applications normally.I didnt try anything like a firmware upgrade , and pretty sure it isnt a card related issue since I tried 2 different ones which I also checked with pc.Tried different batteries,ac adaptor...no chance.What should I do ?
Any help greatly appreciated, thanks

Yep, that's more than likely an autorun issue, if you have a file in the root called "autorun.gpu" (or .gpe) that's what is causing the problem. Either remove it(best option), or figure out what application it launches and make sure it has all the neccesary files to run.
This happens when the .gp* lacks the files associated with it.

<end of long explanation>

Generally, keeping the root of the SD clean of files saves you a lot of headaches. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the replies . I have the autorun.gpu file in the root of the sd card , I had been using gmenu2x without any problems so far. Other than that I have the usual 'emu' , 'software', 'music' and 'game' folders and nothing else. I will try removing the autorun.gpu and gmenu2x folder if necessary and see if it works ;)

Edit: I removed the autorun.gpu file and it booted up fine! But gmenu2x didn't work as a result. Then I tried also removing the gmenu2x folder and did a clean install of gmenu2x , but the same issue again. I wonder my :gp2x: started hating gmenu2x for some reason while I was not using it for a long time...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back