Gp2x Explorer Hiding Stuff?

Khayman

Still Fresh
Well when i pop out the SD card and delete something through my mac it is totaly ok... But when i go through the GP2X explorer and deleting something, i cant see the thing i deleted anymore but it seems like it still taking space on the card... and to get that space back i have to format the SD card and put everything back.
Anyone noticed that?

it`s similar with linux... when you delete something from the SD card using your cardreader it will be moved into a folder called .trash which is hidden. You need to delete that folder afterwards to get the space back. I am not sure but maybe it is like that with mac...

xnopasaranx posted on Jul 31 2006 at 03:39 PM said:
it`s similar with linux... when you delete something from the SD card using your cardreader it will be moved into a folder called .trash which is hidden. You need to delete that folder afterwards to get the space back. I am not sure but maybe it is like that with mac...
Yea yea i know that! and i know how to delete them from the card. I use a program called "Findercleaner" and that prog takes away all files with a dot (.) infront.
But the problem isnt that! read my first post to see that the problem is deleting a file in "GP2X explorer".
If i delete somthing in the gp2xs explorer then i cant see it anymore on the card through gp2x or my mac or a pc.... but the space the file took on the card is not given back when i delete it with Gp2xs explorer.
Hope you understand me... im from sweden and i know my english isnt that good.
1. I have 1 gig sd memorycard.
2. I put a movie 250mb on my sd card and put it in my gp2x.
3. 1000mb -250mb = 750mb
4. So i have 750 mb left (not exactly but almost).
5. i watch the movie.
6. I whant to delete the movie from the memorycard so it doesnt take up the space of 250mb anymore.
7. I go to "Explorer" on my GP2X, and then i delete the movie from the sd card.
8. I then take out the card from the GP2X and puting it in my computer.
9. And the card is empty but still showing 250mb missing from the card.
10. I format the card through my mac and i get everything back.

So why isnt Gp2x explorer giving that space back when the file is deleted?

So every time im deleting stuff with the gp2x explorer there is space disapering from that card??? it cant be right? right?
On the mac and linux the .trash emptys when you empty the trash bin... so how can i do that on a gp2x?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm weird. Okay, now that I reread your first post I understood. No worries about your English, mate. It's perfectly understandable and I can't find any mistakes I wouldn't make myself (I am foreign, too. I am German infact)...
Try what Shikaku suggested.

Shikaku posted on Jul 31 2006 at 06:22 PM said:
Well then, I guess the GP2X explorer is buggy then...

Use the latest sterm and use linux commands to do it then I guess...

Hmm "sterm"??? linux comands??? in gp2x or should i do it from mac? the problem isnt very big though.. i just have to delete files on my mac instead...
But havent anyone els noticed the problem? are there anyone who is using the explorer?

Khayman posted on Jul 31 2006 at 07:07 PM said:

Hmm "sterm"??? linux comands??? in gp2x or should i do it from mac? the problem isnt very big though.. i just have to delete files on my mac instead...
But havent anyone els noticed the problem? are there anyone who is using the explorer?
Try to repair the SD from your Mac using Disk Utility. That should fix the FAT table and recover the misssing space.

kounch posted on Jul 31 2006 at 09:06 PM said:
Khayman posted on Jul 31 2006 at 07:07 PM said:

Try to repair the SD from your Mac using Disk Utility. That should fix the FAT table and recover the misssing space.

Hmm okey.. ill try that

It works ...Yeay thanks... that saves me a lot of time :)

Back