GP2X Gp2x Development With Vis Studio 2005 And Sdl

p0is0n

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hey guys, i've been trying to set up my GP2X for development using the wiki and some notes from my university site but have run into a problem. I have tried unsucsessfully to set up a project a few times and have found a test project on my university site but still get an error. The error is as follows:

1>main.cpp
1>'sed' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
1>operable program or batch file.
1>Project : error PRJ0002 : Error result 255 returned from 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe'.

I have searched the project settings and have found what i think is the source of the problem, in the project settings -> configuration properties -> GCC Compiler -> Command Line it has:

arm-linux-gcc.exe -c -I"C:\devkitpro\devkitGP2X\include\SDL" -o Debug\GP2X_SDL.o 2>&1 | sed -e s/(.[a-zA-Z]\+):([0-9]\+):/\1(\2):/

the sed in this is the only place i can find it. I have been programming for a couple of years but have always had trouble with project settings and have no idea what this is/means and no idea how to fix it, any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
p0is0n said:
Hey guys, i've been trying to set up my GP2X for development using the wiki and some notes from my university site but have run into a problem. I have tried unsucsessfully to set up a project a few times and have found a test project on my university site but still get an error. The error is as follows:

1>main.cpp
1>'sed' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
1>operable program or batch file.
1>Project : error PRJ0002 : Error result 255 returned from 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe'.

I have searched the project settings and have found what i think is the source of the problem, in the project settings -> configuration properties -> GCC Compiler -> Command Line it has:

arm-linux-gcc.exe -c -I"C:\devkitpro\devkitGP2X\include\SDL" -o Debug\GP2X_SDL.o 2>&1 | sed -e s/(.[a-zA-Z]\+):([0-9]\+):/\1(\2):/

the sed in this is the only place i can find it. I have been programming for a couple of years but have always had trouble with project settings and have no idea what this is/means and no idea how to fix it, any help would be appreciated.

sounds like sed cant be found, so it may be that you need to add the path to your enviroment variable PATH.
also, theres a preconfigured kit for codeblocks. It will do the same thing you for that a VS setup will.

Ok, so what is 'sed'? (like is it a file? or something) and does anyone know how i would go about adding the path to my environment variable PATH? I really want to get it working with VS if i can.

p0is0n said:
Ok, so what is 'sed'? (like is it a file? or something) and does anyone know how i would go about adding the path to my environment variable PATH? I really want to get it working with VS if i can.
If you never downloaded SED then ignore my suggestion about the PATH for now, you need to get the executable first. Review the links ive submitted.

SDL for windows:
http://lazyfoo.net/SDL_tutorials/lesson01/...et05e/index.php

SDL with GP2X:
http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/Using_Visual_C_2...Express_Edition

Taken from the Gp2C wiki link:
7. Download sed for Win32 from [1]. Sed is used to re-format GCC warnings and errors to a format that Visual C++ can understand.

Hey, thanks for the help turns out id downloaded sed but put it in the wrong folder. Its always something stupid that messes me up. Works fine now.

Thanks!!

p0is0n said:
Hey, thanks for the help turns out id downloaded sed but put it in the wrong folder. Its always something stupid that messes me up. Works fine now.

Thanks!!
No problem, I know how you feel. Glad you up and running.

sed = stream editor. it's a unixy thingy. In this case, it looks like it's converting gcc's output into something compatible with visual studio.

Back