:gp2x Cradle

benny32 said:
I noticed that GPH shows a composite video out cable in the official cradle pictures. This is obviously false advertising as only s video out is supported.
If you knew anything about video standards, you´d know that it is very easy to convert S-Video to composite. all you need is two wires and a 470pF capacitor. S-Video has the same signal as composite, it´s just that Y and C are assigned to two different wires instead of just one.

So any device that outputs S-Video also supports composite, it´s just a matter of the plug.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fishbong said:
benny32 said:
I noticed that GPH shows a composite video out cable in the official cradle pictures. This is obviously false advertising as only s video out is supported.
If you knew anything about video standards, you´d know that it is very easy to convert S-Video to composite. all you need is two wires and a 470pF capacitor. S-Video has the same signal as composite, it´s just that Y and C are assigned to two different wires instead of just one.

So any device that outputs S-Video also supports composite, it´s just a matter of the plug.

Yes, because I dont have a video cable that converts s video to composite, that means I know nothing about video standards. If you knew anything about me, you would be wrong.

It is false advertising when the product doesnt natively support composite. There are many video cable adapters for different outputs, that does not validate misleading advertising.

Also please watch your language, your tone was very offensive. :angry:

the specs clearly indicate s video, hardly false advertising ;) - and what pictures are you moaning about? - non of the pictures i've seen have shown the back of the cradle

Not really up for debate. The fact that it appeared that way to me is proof of false advertising. I'm going to contact GPH site to inform them to change the preview clip and pictures of the cradle which feature a composite video output.

If nothing is changed, a BBB report will be filed.

I dont think GPH cares about the better buisness bureau :D And you probably saw the left right audio out plugs next to the svideo. Not reading up on things dosen't give you room to complain. Psps are going to have tv out you should buy one and complain to BBB about sony not supporting emulators because you saw it on youtube.

benny32 said:
Not really up for debate. The fact that it appeared that way to me is proof of false advertising. I'm going to contact GPH site to inform them to change the preview clip and pictures of the cradle which feature a composite video output.

If nothing is changed, a BBB report will be filed.
:D

It appears to me that you are sadly deluded if you think GPH (not renowned for listening) will take the blindest bit of notice. Especially when your point is, at best, dubious.

benny32 said:
pictures of the cradle which feature a composite video output
Where does it show that? It does show 2 RCA sockets, for audio.

Back