Gp2x Code::blocks Pre-configured Sdk Rc2

yaustar said:
Things I would do:
- Double check the filename and location
- Check that the png is valid (i.e. it is in the proper format and viewable standalone
- Double check you have all the correct DLLs including the non-SDL ones such as zlib1.dll
- Build as release not debug if you are intending to run it as standalone
- Upload the entire project somewhere and have someone else check it over,
isnt this a path problem? When CB runs the exe it knows where the DLL's are where if you run the exe standalone the DLL's cant be found. I would add the full path to the minw\bin dir, thats what did on mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
This doesn't seems to be a dll problem because the SDL is initialising and the running binary doesn't report missing dlls.
Here you can find all you need : www.umxprime.com/files/code.rar
Thanx for any help

EDIT : I just found it, libpng wasn't in the built directory !!! Knock me out !!! :)

yaustar said:
Rc4 uploaded and requires testers please:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=38243

Important changes:
- Has separate DevkitGP2x and Open2x build targets (read as GPL and LGPL respectively)
- Hopefully better Vista support

Be sure to read the readme.txt.

I do have vista on one machine although I dont really use it for devel, I could give it shot.

I am still using R2. Everything worked fine the first time on my XP setup. I was able to create apps for the PC and GP2X. In the future I would like to have the ability to use this SDK for the arm940.

Great Job!

Also, in the future is the goal of this SDK to be updated when underlying libraries, as hw accel SDL, get updated?

Not really sure, the original aim was to give beginners a full IDE+SDK with the minimum of fuss without using GPH's slower SDK using off the shelf files.

I keep it updated if there are any major changes to the libraries though.

Ok, first off, I'm new to this stuff so I tried compiling Guyfawkes test program and after a few errors I got it to run.

Now here are 2 problems I have:

The mouse cursor shows up on the gp2x screen although this line: "SDL_ShowCursor(SDL_DISABLE);" should disable it, or am I wrong?

The other thing is the input tests where the Y and X buttons aswell as the R and L buttons are switched.

How do I fix these?

Mr.Yau, you are a star !

Draco said:
Ok, first off, I'm new to this stuff so I tried compiling Guyfawkes test program and after a few errors I got it to run.

The mouse cursor shows up on the gp2x screen although this line: "SDL_ShowCursor(SDL_DISABLE);" should disable it, or am I wrong?

The other thing is the input tests where the Y and X buttons aswell as the R and L buttons are switched.

How do I fix these?
make sure "SDL_ShowCursor(SDL_DISABLE);" is after the initialise video call.

the header file gp2x.h holds the definitions for the inputs - just swap them around in there.

Draco said:

How do I fix these?
With the reverse keys, IIRC, they were 'wrong' originally and have been 'fixed'. Annoying but all you have to do is change the definitions/constants for these keys.

Back