Gp2x Battery Shutdown Killed My Sd-card

NoidZ

Mind the world, need for panic
Website
Visit site
I was sitting in the train when my GP2X suddenly shutted down. It was because of the battery issue again.

When I tried to copy my files from my SD to my computer at school, all the files where damaged and could not be used anymore. So I tried to format it and put other files on the SD...

But still the SD-Card is damaged and useless...

Anyone else had this too?

Thanks,
'NoidZ

I dont know about your problem, but I DO know that SD cards break. I bought a new 1gb SD card with the GP2X and formated it in winxp, after that nothing (digicam, gp2x, computer) will recognise the card. So, maby it was bound to happend for you aswell, sooner or later. Just get another one on the guarantie.

Good luck!

NoidZ posted on Sep 12 2006 at 11:22 AM said:
I was sitting in the train when my GP2X suddenly shutted down. It was because of the battery issue again.

When I tried to copy my files from my SD to my computer at school, all the files where damaged and could not be used anymore. So I tried to format it and put other files on the SD...

But still the SD-Card is damaged and useless...

Anyone else had this too?

Thanks,
'NoidZ

yep had the same problem and thought my 4 gig card was damaged however I tried a different card reader and all was fine again

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a 4gig card become unreadable. I'm waiting patiently for the replacement to come. There seems to be a lot of flaky sd memory out there.

Your card is very unlikely to be damaged and useless, it's probably just got a bit corrupted (can easily happen if the battery dies as the card is being written to, but it doesn't usually corrupt this badly). Unfortunatly windows is a bit crap when it comes to corrupt cards and often refuses to format them. Often using a different card reader or formatting in a camera will fix things. It's happened to me loads of times and I just chuck the card in my Zodiac and use that to format.

murak posted on Sep 12 2006 at 10:44 AM said:
I dont know about your problem, but I DO know that SD cards break. I bought a new 1gb SD card with the GP2X and formated it in winxp, after that nothing (digicam, gp2x, computer) will recognise the card. So, maby it was bound to happend for you aswell, sooner or later. Just get another one on the guarantie.

Good luck!

Could it be that you formatted it with FAT32? Most stuff likes regular ole FAT better.

woogal posted on Sep 12 2006 at 02:08 PM said:
Your card is very unlikely to be damaged and useless, it's probably just got a bit corrupted (can easily happen if the battery dies as the card is being written to, but it doesn't usually corrupt this badly). Unfortunatly windows is a bit crap when it comes to corrupt cards and often refuses to format them. Often using a different card reader or formatting in a camera will fix things. It's happened to me loads of times and I just chuck the card in my Zodiac and use that to format.

I can personally attest to this. My compact flash was corrupted while running homebrew on my DS and the windows machine I was using siezed whenever I put the card in the reader. But, a camera formatted the card perfectly.

woogal posted on Sep 12 2006 at 02:08 PM said:
... it's probably just got a bit corrupted (can easily happen if the battery dies as the card is being written to, but it doesn't usually corrupt this badly). ...

Which is why I urge developers to *avoid automatic writes*, or at least provide a way to disable them.

Back