Gp Sonic

fartyboyslim

Still Fresh
I was wondering if any one could port some of the sonic games from the mega drive to the game park. :blink:

The emulator isn't fast enough to run smooth, unless it will play frameskip 0...
A good port will play pretty smooth.

But I don't think we'd need a port... a good Jump'n'Run will be much better.
The GP32 needs OWN games in my opinion, not just ports.

I was wondering if any one could port some of the sonic games from the mega drive to the game park. :blink:
If anyone would port a Sonic game he/she would be lucky if Sega would just ask them to stop it and take the software down. Sonic is not just a game, it's what Mario is to Nintendo and you can't just rip the game and recreate it.

You could of course ask Sega if they would be interested :D

Last edited by a moderator:
or you could do a game that is like sonic... just make a character similar to sonic but not the same, a few enemies that look like enemies in the sonic game, add a dr. frogman (lol), add some high speed levels and put some diamonds into the levels and you've got a sonic like game... :lol: now we just need someone who is able to do this...

hmm if it would be a remake of a genesis game, i think sega would not care, cause they dont make money with this game anymore...
there are so many Free Zelda games and nintendo dont do anything... they could shut them all down because of the name Zelda.
even oot2d, which is a remake of a newer zelda game, is allowed by nintendo, not official, but i think nintendo heard about it.
i think it was also in an aritcle in an official nintendo magazin in spain.. or some thing like that :D

so if you dont make money with it or anything like that, i think sega wont do anything,
and even if, just change the name of the game, and the look of the charakter a bit :D

It has been very easy to find SNES roms for a long time too, Nintendo didn't do anything, for a while...
If at a certain point they do decide to take action you do not want to be the person they are after (might want to take you to court to set an example)
If someone has the capabillities to create a game like Sonic from scratch he/she might as well create graphics or have someone create them and release the game commercially.
For a decent Sonic: just have a little patiene, the emulators will improve :)

hmm if it would be a remake of a genesis game, i think sega would not care, cause they dont make money with this game anymore...
That's not true. Sonic is a decade old but the brand on sonic is huge. It's like someone bringing out a sonic doll and sega going nuts. It's because it's digging into the sonic brand, that's what they hate.

Nobody would even bother porting the game anyway - Its not like sega have released the code open sourced and even if they did since it was written for the 68000 processor u`d have to start again from scratch anyway - Not to mention the hassles of ripping all the gfx,maps,sfx etc etc etc.

It`d take a DAMN site longer to code than to code a fully funtional emulator

I just say we just try to make our own platformer, not just coping sonic, but an actualy game with a story,
The early Mario and Sonic games where kinda lame in the story department, and just some clever hiding of objects and land placement to make it ahrd, basically it was just a test for the engine they used, with just fancy gfx and lvlmakings

is there Neo Geo Pocket Color emulators?
i know there's Neo Geo Pocket (non-color) roms, but i'm not sure if there's a sonic game for neo geo pocket
i'm selling my neo geo pocket color w/ sonic to get a gp32, so if there's an emulator and rom that'd make my day.
-Nick

is there Neo Geo Pocket Color emulators?
i know there's Neo Geo Pocket (non-color) roms, but i'm not sure if there's a sonic game for neo geo pocket
i'm selling my neo geo pocket color w/ sonic to get a gp32, so if there's an emulator and rom that'd make my day.
-Nick
yes there's a neogeo pocket emulator for the gp32 - it's by ThunderZ and it's excellent. at the moment it supports both b/w and colour ngp games, fullscreen is not incorporated in this release nor sound - but i'm sure he will get there :)

download neogp32 here - http://another15days.gp32emu.com/

p.s - for this another 15 days comp, i'd have put this emu second with yogg 3rd... i wonder if the judges have changed their mind.... ?

Isn't making e.g. a Zelda clone OK unless you tarnish the brand's name? I think if the game is free and uses all original graphics then technically it still violates Zelda IP but is probably legal. I mean, parody is legal under fair use, so why would "Bored of the Rings" (National Lampoon) be allowed without infringing on LotR IP, but not a Zelda clone that is almost entirely original?

Isn't making e.g. a Zelda clone OK unless you tarnish the brand's name? I think if the game is free and uses all original graphics then technically it still violates Zelda IP but is probably legal. I mean, parody is legal under fair use, so why would "Bored of the Rings" (National Lampoon) be allowed without infringing on LotR IP, but not a Zelda clone that is almost entirely original?
Wording, Call it a action adventure RPG, and unofficially cal it a zelda clone
www.graalonline.com
online game that used to be called Zelda Online *it was crappy and java* nintendo said somtin bout it and they changed name, and become a program you can d/l.... essentially a zelda clone, in order to get money from it they had to re-do the tileset *again* so it doesn't look like Zelda at all

http://www.oot2d.com/
Nintendo knows about this, and hasn't said anything about it.
So zelda clones are legal... whereever you heard it wasn't... they where wrong

Back