GP32 GP Dev Utils

Alex

Still Fresh
Website
www.shaken-bytes.de
Hello!

I've a problem using the Gamepark Dev Tools (ver 2). When I load bitmaps whith a modified palette and export them to c source, the dev utils always matches the colors to the nearest of the GP32 standard palette. But I want to change the palette later by myself, so the colors don't fit.

Is there a utility, that exports bitmaps to c source just writing the index numbers into the array and not modifying the indexes?

Thanks, Alex

well, I don't know how to use GpDevUtil. I use GPConverter32, it generates an palette you use instead of the system one:

h_pal = GpPaletteCreate(256, (GP_PALETTEENTRY*)sprites_Pal);
GpPaletteSelect(h_pal);
GpPaletteRealize();
GpPaletteDelete(h_pal);
h_pal = NULL;

h_pal: an GpPalette
sprites_Pal is the palette from sprites.h

Read Rico's great tutorial for more info on that.

Thanks, but unfortunately I get an error 500 when opening the tutorial on rico's page (http://www.thaworx.co.uk/rico.php). :(

Is there an alternative link?

EDIT:

French tutorial worked, but I don't speak French. Nevertheless I found the link to GPConverter32. Google didn't find it.

Found it, it's called GP32Converter, not GPConverter32. Makes Google find nothing...

I started coding a window toolkit for GP32, similar to Windows SDK programming (messageloop etc.). It already draws windows...but no buttons and nothing else at the moment. Just started Saturday...

You can take a look at the WIP here.

Back