GP Cinema 2-pass encoding testing

Jim diGriz

Still Fresh
I've put up a small page showing current settings that I'm using.The settings are still being tested by me, but I haven't a great deal of time for this currently.If anyone else has some spare time, I'd be pleased if they could give these settings a go and let me know how they get on.

GP Cinema encoding test settings.

Thanks guys.I know the 2-pass approach takes a while to do and so I appreciate you taking the time.

Here is a movie trailer I encoded using the GP Cinema test settings.
LINK DEAD

Check the next post for a current link to a teaser trailer for LOTR Return of the King.

Here is a link to a teaser trailer of LOTR Return of the King:
ROTK Trailer @ 18fps 320x128, 22050Hz 32kbit/sec Mono. 18fps.3.04 MB.

I'm using the same general settings from the page linked at the start of this thread, but I've upped the video bitrate to 256 and am using mono audio.I'm using a smaller height than I usually do (128 as opposed to 176) but this is a more correct aspect ratio and it also contributes towards allowing use of a higher video bitrate.

The source audio was a bit crumby, but I've filtered it a little and it isn't too bad.
You must run GP Cinema at 133mhz for this file to play properly.

I still don't have any time for testing GP Cinema currently and I would welcome any impressions people gain if they happen to use these settings or indeed any general info they have gained from their own tests.

Back