Got To Wait For My Gp2x F-200 From Gbax

need4speed

Website
Visit site
I got to wait for my GP2X F-200 console from gbax.com They taken my money from my account without any problems at all. They say It will be approximately 10 days, this is due to only receiving a part shipment from Gamepark. I can't wait to get It :)

This is due to GPH now taking money for orders, manufacturing them, then sending them. They no longer keep stock. Gads.

Thanks craigx so does this mean that there still making them and sending them out etc? I am a little confused??? Thanks.

craigix said:
This is due to GPH now taking money for orders, manufacturing them, then sending them. They no longer keep stock. Gads.
I'm appalled. Thinking must either be going under or have a new model in the wings, why else reduce stock to null?

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe they are scared of the competition and don't want to be left with a warehouse of gp2x's that they can't sell? So they just wait until they have an order for X units, and then manufacture and ship?

need4speed said:
Thanks craigx so does this mean that there still making them and sending them out etc? I am a little confused??? Thanks.
Yes, they are still making them and sending them out. You'll receive yours in due time.

Squidge said:
Maybe they are scared of the competition and don't want to be left with a warehouse of gp2x's that they can't sell? So they just wait until they have an order for X units, and then manufacture and ship?
need4speed said:
Yes, they are still making them and sending them out. You'll receive yours in due time.

A third option I had not considered, they do have much to fear.

Considering craig and co have been a major supported of the gp2x and GP32, it must annoy them to no end they're working on the competition. (ie: In a way GPH have always been the underdog, so no real competition per se; now they have to fight for the bottom ;) (And maybe they'll stop being so sloppy as they've been with all their past releases..)

But I wonder.. does GPH hold back on craig and co, giving preferential treatment to others? (EvilDragon and Craig are both popular gp2x sellers, right?)

An interesting question..

jeff

You have to wonder what will happen to GPH after the release of the Pandora, considering the gp2x (+ accessories) is their only product, as far as I know.

geo12 said:
You have to wonder what will happen to GPH after the release of the Pandora, considering the gp2x (+ accessories) is their only product, as far as I know.
I personally think it would be very sad if the release of the Pandora meant the end for them as the GP2X, despite some of it's problems, has bought hours of enjoyment to all all of us. And for myself had it not been for the 2X I don't think I would have ever been so actively involved in homebrew development.
That said I think they will carry on as I'm fairly sure that a large part of their market is Korea, just they may slowly disappear in the west.

Its a wounderful handheld for playing retro games like sega megadrive,snes and many more. I brought It just because of the emulation and I like playing the old sega megadrive games like sonic,streets of rage ect. I do hope GamePark starts shipping them out soon because I want to play on It.

What must make it even worse for them is that they once pulled a similar move with the original GamePark.

Does GPH even have a fair-sized customer base in South Korea? I kinda thought that most of their sales were international.

Esn said:
Does GPH even have a fair-sized customer base in South Korea? I kinda thought that most of their sales were international.
yeah, i read (on this board) that the GP2X wasn't even widely available in Korea.

i think GP2X still has a market as a less-expensive homebrew device, as it's pretty good at what it does.

The GP2X won't die immediately. It still has many things going for it - price, AA batteries(you can pick up some Ni-Mh anywhere if you need them ;) ), and lots of software for it already exists.

craigx are you going to let people know next week If the GP2X F-200 console :gp2x will be back In stock next week ect? And Inform us If you do here anything from gamepark. Thanks.

Back