Got My Email!

emcp said:
well how about the actual time you clicked the button

my emailed arrived 2 mins later
i order at 16:20

soo, are you going to say thats inaccurate

No, I am going to say that that gives you quite a good idea of when you ordered. The problem is when you compare that to others, who might not remember quite that well, or whose confirmation email wasn't that speedy. Also, it is not confirmed that the final list is based on click-the-button-time, or rather that the order in which OPT got the orders is exactly the same as the order in which we clicked the buttons. In particular the selected payment options might have influenced this, since potentially different payment methods take differing amounts of time to ascertain the availability of funds.

It also leaves all the other things I mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Moxie said:
emcp said:

my emailed arrived 2 mins later

No, I am going to say that that gives you quite a good idea of when you ordered. The problem is when you compare that to others, who might not remember quite that well, or whose confirmation email wasn't that speedy. Also, it is not confirmed that the final list is based on click-the-button-time, or rather that the order in which OPT got the orders is exactly the same as the order in which we clicked the buttons. In particular the selected payment options might have influenced this, since potentially different payment methods take differing amounts of time to ascertain the availability of funds.

So the order you ordered, isnt in order

also i was referring to other who said came out of work blah blah, ordered as soon as i can blah blah
i wasnt referring to people who simply posted the estimates they were given

the click the button shouldve been near instant, and it certainly would not have taken hours for it to process

emcp said:
Moxie said:
emcp said:

So the order you ordered, isnt in order
That depends on how the orders are ordered. There are several ways to order a number of orders in order for them to be in order, you know.
the click the button shouldve been near instant, and it certainly would not have taken hours for it to process
Is this something you know, or just something you believe? Are you in any way knowledgeable in the implementation of online ordering systems, and especially in the area of how they behave under severe load? No, I don't think it ought to take hours, either, but I'd have no problem in believing ten-ish minutes, which in the first hectic hour or so might mean a few hundred positions forward or back. And also given that we are talking about several systems that need to cooperate, I would not decisively say anything about that.

Generally, online ordering systems are designed primarily to secure the actual transaction, not to guarantee the temporal order.

Naturally, I do not know these things either. I don't remember, but I don't think that OPT built the online ordering system themselves, and then I'd be surprised if even they know with certainty that the orders on their list corresponds exactly to the order that we pressed our different buttons. If I were running a business to handle online ordering for different clients, I sure as heck wouldn't go around giving out information of that kind.

Moxie said:
You are trying to make an ordering based on notoriously bad data - Email is not an instant thing. When it works well it might almost be. When not, it is not. I have had emails sent at more or less the same time arrive hours apart to the same recipient.
To be fair, the sent date is from the originating server and should not fluctuate for no reason.
No, I don't think it ought to take hours, either, but I'd have no problem in believing ten-ish minutes, which in the first hectic hour or so might mean a few hundred positions forward or back.
True, but so many samples (according to a few) out of order is an anomaly. Or we may just have insufficient data points to ascertain any conclusion.

There was a knock on the door this morning :lol:

It was the postman :D

"Got something for you to sign for" he said :p

Don't think I've ever been disappointed to get my Glastonbury ticket before :angry:

Mr Loon said:

Don't think I've ever been disappointed to get my Glastonbury ticket before :angry:
:D

Mr Loon said:

Hmm this Pandora package looked to thin and flexible :)

I was one of those who got the email late on Thursday - my Pandora arrived at 10am this morning (UK, royal mail shipping).

I was literally tingling with excitement when I opened the box!

Oh and one hint i've not seen elsewhere - take card ejecting SD cards - mine flew across the room when I did it first time!

MDave said:
Me and Exophase got our email :D Both shipped today!

:lol: :pandora2ut4: nice still no e-mail for me :(

must resist checking e-mail every 5 mins

Alerino said:
guys, are you getting the OP team email or is it a UPS notice?
I got my OPT email on Thursday, but still no UPS notice...

similar here, I think they are just really behind on emails. Origional shipping email was Wednesday and OP just now emailed me my tracking number and its out for delivery, scheduled to deliver today! yay! hmm, now instead of f5ing my email every 5 seconds, I'll be looking out my window every 5 seconds :D

Yeehaaa, I jump in the fun : I got my shipping confirmation email (from OP) today. Now If only I choosed UPS....

I was in the 200-300 range from Jackelyn.

Wheee, just got my OPT shipping email! I chose Airmail, so hopefully just another week or so before it's finally in my hands...and I (should) have it before my holidays (June 28th), so that's fucking awesome. :)

My order confirmation was Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 8:21 AM (Central Standard Time).

Man...this epic journey is coming to a close...yet it's only just the beginning! Here's hoping I get a 'good' unit.

MDave said:
Me and Exophase got our email :D Both shipped today!
SWEET! I just got my email also! After 20 months NOW I am having a hard time waiting :blink:

Mine is also shipped today
static.gif
static.gif
static.gif

It would be so cool if it arrives on friday because its my birthday :D

WOW, a ton of of email notices today....SWEET! :lol:

I had UPS shipping, and I never got an eamil with tracking, so don't let that bother anyone. I'm in the states, and it took exactly 2 days. Shipped on tuesday, and I received my package on thursday. There must be a problem with the UPS notification system, as many have never received anything from ups. The package arrived quick, and in one piece, so no complaints.

Chris

Back