Got MAME4ALL Beta Working....but....

Kumaki

A couple of helps...

First, I have no sound.

Second, I have no idea how to exit the application when I'm done....or how to exit the game I'm in to get back to the menu.

I ended up resorting to taking out the battery!

Can someone tell me what key combo's you use to exit the game you're in...getting back to menu

and how to exit the emulator entirely.

Also, what could be causing the no sound issue?

Thanks for help.

At least I got this one WORKING....I just need to fine-tune, lolH

here's a problem I'm having...if I hit the Pandora button while the Emu is running, I get a smaller EMU screen and can see the part of the desktop not obscured. But then no way to get back to the emu or make it stop, or quit blocking my view...short of taking out the battery.

I can't figure out how to exit the emu.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK...L+R shoulder buttons takes me out from the menu screen where you see your list of ROMS. But how to exit the game you are in and get back to the menu??

Never mind...hitting the function key followed by ESC gets me back to the menu...and from there, the L+R button takes me out of the emu.

But how about the sound? any suggestions?

Want to get this one working right before going on to FBA and PicoDrive, etc.

This is mostly now doing what I want it for...and it is all kinds of ace.

Note: I have 187 MAME Roms listed on my Menu screen. Of course I have yet to try them all and see if they all work. But I have tried several, and all have no sound.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which games? (you did try fiddling with the volume wheel right, so that its not at 'zero'? :)

Some games may not have audio supported in that particular MAME build..

jeff

Which games? (you did try fiddling with the volume wheel right, so that its not at 'zero'? :)

Some games may not have audio supported in that particular MAME build..

jeff

OMG, I am the world's biggest TWIT!!!

That's it, all right...the volume wheel was all the way down....now I feel like a true idiot.

FBA and Panmame is your friend plays more games than any other arcade emu on pandora

Hell...now gotta start from scratch!!

The card - somehow - only showed 1 GB of space...it ran out when I was moving ROMs over for FBA...and I said WHAAAAT?? I got only 8 GB on the Dingoo and it takes more. So I did a properties search and it said only 1 GB...somehow the format of the SD card thru the "terminal" did not work out right.

So I got the Panasonic SD Card Formatter, and am now re-formatting my card.

Then I'll have to start from scratch, but at least now I got some idea how all this stuff works, so I should be able to get where I was pretty quick.

By the way, is there a music player app? Would be nice to have that on the Pandora...I got a pile of music!!

32GB should be more than enough space for all my games, music, and the web browser...plus a few other apps.

Turn on your OpenPandora console using that little switch next to the headphone jack, and under , and . keys, making sure your battery is charged, and inserted. you do this by connecting one side of the power cable to the wall outlet where electricity comes from, and one into the little hole on the OpenPandora console between the L-Trigger and the where the optional strap goes. next you start up your newly acquired PNDManagerm hit the Start button on your pandora to sync everything up with the repo, than hit the R-Trigger button to go into the directories. You're asking for audio players, so you want the "Media" directory. go ahead and click on that, either with your stylus, or the B face button on your OpenPandora console. Once you've done this, it will list the many Audio players the OpenPandora has to offer. make your choice, and download it. famous choices are DeadBeef and Audacious

scratch all that, go here, http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=all&cat=Audio&s=new , and get the ones you want, popular choices are deadbeef(which i guess isnt on repo still), audacious, miniamp, rockbox, alsaplayer

Back