Got A Gp32, No Usb Cable

Gamer7

Still Fresh
I have just bought a gp32 from ebay but it came with no usb cable and I cannot find the one I had from previous gp32. is there an alternative way to install the free launcher or an alternative way to run the emulators with out the cables? Thank you

apparently it has the original korean firmware and it seems i need the cable to install the freelauncher and there is no way of getting around needing the usb cable. Is there anywhere that still sells this cable or there anyone who is willing to sell me theirs or perhaps just borrow it long enough to install the freelauncher?

I am unable to find a usb cable available for purchase on the internet. it seems that without the cable, I am unable to make it so my gp32 runs homebrew. is there any other way? I would appreciate any help. I found the cracked gp free launcher but the usb cable is required. is there any workaround?

You didn't check out the forums. There have been similar posts every six months or so.

Step 1: Check for alternative firmware (if it shows up the korean fw, try holding select during boot. If it shows a selector with stuff like pacrom, you're in)

Step 2: Search the boards for the dealextreme-link - they sell replacement cables/adapters that work for cheap. They're not sold as GP32 cables though, I think.

camiga64 said:
If you need a usb-cable for your gp32, order this adapter:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.440

Thank you. I do have custom firmware, but almost gave up on ever getting a USB cable.

Last edited by a moderator:
cdoty said:
Thank you. I do have custom firmware, but almost gave up on ever getting a USB cable.

No prob. :) I also thought i'd never get a USB cable for my GP32, till i read this thread:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/49838-where-to-get-a-pc-link-cable/page__p__760690__hl__dealextreme__fromsearch__1&#entry760690

Thanx trooper for the link and thanx Orkie for the recommendation (review).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back