Alternate To Usb Link Cable?

Kakashi

Still Fresh
I have a GP32 (original) but I do not have a USB link cable.
I have plenty of SMCs and reader/writer.

No matter what I do, I can't flash my firmware without USB so I looked for alternatives as for booting up the freeloader.

I found a socalled Cracked one which uses the ID as commercial games therefor works on all gp32s without registration. Doesn't load for me and for a few other people. Everything I find about it is outdated.

#gp32 is suppose to be the place where I find all info including an alternative to USB, but that channel is dead.

No where sells the USB cord, none of my cameras or mp3 players have the same head.

All I want to do is load up a snes emu.

a jtag cable is usually used when your GP32 is dead from a bad flash, is this the case? The way i read the post, Kakashi, sounded like you had Free loader, but looking for alternatives, if this is the case, then whats the problem? You can load SNES from Free loader, and you do not need USB to flash firmware, IF IN FACT YOUR GP32 IS NOT DEAD, but you never said if it was or not.

Kakashi posted on Mar 24 2006 at 07:44 AM said:
I have a GP32 (original) but I do not have a USB link cable.
I have plenty of SMCs and reader/writer.

No matter what I do, I can't flash my firmware without USB so I looked for alternatives as for booting up the freeloader.

I found a socalled Cracked one which uses the ID as commercial games therefor works on all gp32s without registration. Doesn't load for me and for a few other people. Everything I find about it is outdated.

#gp32 is suppose to be the place where I find all info including an alternative to USB, but that channel is dead.

No where sells the USB cord, none of my cameras or mp3 players have the same head.

All I want to do is load up a snes emu.
what is the problem, cant you get files on your smc using a card reader or do you have flashing problems???

btw. If you are going to flash, flash to gpbios, simply the best :).

Last edited by a moderator:
i got the impression Kakashi doesn't have feeloader (EDIT: or is it freelauncher?) . I forgot Freeloader is not part of the firmware (i think? haven't used my 32 for a while), so only needs putting on the smc. But i think you need to connect via usb to get your gp32's id so you can get the right encoded freeloader?

And i think without a loader of some sort the firmware can't be upgraded, unless with a jtag.

Unless gamepark released a firmware updater that doesn't use freeloader, might be worth checking

Edit: Oh, and SNES isn't so great on the gp32, slow and not enough buttons ;)

Edit: if what I have said above is the case, try this:

I heard you can get your PUID by pressing: L - R - R - L - R - R - L - L

then:

Hooka:
Download mIRC (should be easy to find... goto www.mirc.com) and install it, then load it up and in mIRC options first click the plus beside DCC then go to ignore and make sure method is set to disable and there is no check besides Turn ignore back on in: then click the plus beside connect and goto the servers menu. under IRC server chose EFnet: Random server the click connect to server. After this it should bring up mIRC favorites, at the top in the bar type #gp32 and then click join beside it. now type in !encrypt PDUID free_launcher in the #gp32 channel and CoreDump should send you a private message saying where you can download your file from.

mrsnature posted on Mar 24 2006 at 03:14 PM said:
i got the impression Kakashi doesn't have feeloader (EDIT: or is it freelauncher?) . I forgot Freeloader is not part of the firmware (i think? haven't used my 32 for a while), so only needs putting on the smc. But i think you need to connect via usb to get your gp32's id so you can get the right encoded freeloader?

And i think without a loader of some sort the firmware can't be upgraded, unless with a jtag.

Unless gamepark released a firmware updater that doesn't use freeloader, might be worth checking

Edit: Oh, and SNES isn't so great on the gp32, slow and not enough buttons ;)
Ah, yes that is the problem is guess, its freelauncher btw.
And if you didnt have a cable you had to go to #gp32 to use a bot from mr.spiv... (or something like it).
but he means that the channel has gone so he cant install free launcher.
and there was a cracked one but that isnt working, aha now i get it.

well, I would try to contact mr. spiv, Kakashi.

woops didn't notice #gp32 was dead (guess i didn't read the post as thoroughly as i thought..)

somebody must have the program offline somewhere..

mrsnature posted on Mar 24 2006 at 03:39 PM said:
woops didn't notice #gp32 was dead (guess i didn't read the post as thoroughly as i thought..)

somebody must have the program offline somewhere..
the almighty mr. spiv of course!
thats why I said, contact him (though I haven't heard anything of him for years now. :( )

link to his site: http://www.deadcoderssociety.tk/

oh yes, sorry.

Failing that, you could cross your fingers and try to find someone who has a freelauncher that is locked to their smc, not their gp32, and see if you could borrow it to reflash yours

Wow thanks for all the support guys.

As for Mr.Spiv's site, what am I suppose to get there? I don't see anything that'll help me find me puid without USB and or encrypt a free launcher to work without USB.

okay that LR combo worked. I have my puid, now what?

I assume i need to get a program that'll encrypt and make a free launcher for me and then i put it on a SMC and I'm done? I don't see the program on the site.

contact mr.spiv himself if you can, apparently he wrote the program for generate a correctly encoded freelauncher.

Well using !encrypt on spiv's box i get this PDUID or SMCID is a 32 digits hexadecimals string you can read e.g. with the GPS2 tool

however my gp32 displayed puid as 4B4931-745C8C1B

leaving the dash in or not, it still doesn't work.

Kakashi posted on Mar 25 2006 at 01:51 AM said:
Well using !encrypt on spiv's box i get this PDUID or SMCID is a 32 digits hexadecimals string you can read e.g. with the GPS2 tool

why dont you ask mr. spiv himself for help?

edit:
Hmmm, from what I see here it looks like you need a cable... (how did you got your puid then?)

I was wondering, wasn't your puid written on a sticker in the battery compartment?

aapje89 posted on Mar 24 2006 at 11:48 PM said:
why dont you ask mr. spiv himself for help?

edit:
Hmmm, from what I see here it looks like you need a cable... (how did you got your puid then?)

I was wondering, wasn't your puid written on a sticker in the battery compartment?

I can't find mr.spiv on irc. He appears offline.
i found my PUID by using the test mode built in the gp32 but i think i need to hash it somehow so it'll be the 32 keys.
my battery says G01120006081P
but i still don't think that's long enough
there's another sticker above the battery compartment and it says E-C900-01-5085(B)
i still don't think that's correct.

aapje89 posted on Mar 25 2006 at 08:39 AM said:
Hmm... try sending him an email
Ah, why didn't i think of that. Done and done.

Kakashi posted on Mar 25 2006 at 12:51 AM said:

sorry, so have you managed to run !encrypt from somewhere other than #gp32? If so, if you just need your PDUID and you live in the UK, you can borrow my usb cable if you want.

Oh I found out that spiv's bot is fully working on #gp32 so i can encrypt there. Unfortunantly the puid i got from my gp32 isn't in 32 bit hexadecimal and i don't know how to convert it. Aww I live in the US. Mr.Spiv hasn't responded to my email yet.

Back