GoSpeccy, yet another ZX Spectrum Emulator

remogatto

Still Fresh
Hi all,

I'm a (virtual) owner of an OpenPandora like most of you! ;)

I'm the maintainer of GoSpeccy, a new ZX Spectrum 48k emulator written in Go. As you know, there are a lot of speccy emulators around so, why reinventing the wheel? Well, because it is a great learning experience about emulators and Go. In addition, GoSpeccy is based on a concurrent architecture. The GoSpeccy team thinks the concurrency is a strong peculiarity of GoSpeccy as it opens new interesting scenarios when developing and using the emulator. See the GoSpeccy architecture page for more details on this.

Moreover, Go and GoSpeccy should compile on ARM and this is the main reason of the announce on this board. We would be happy to see the emulator running on the pandora! The team will be glad to give all the required support to reach this result. In general, we would be happy to see an increasing number of contributors joining the project and we rely on the openpandora community for this ;)

Cheers,

The GoSpeccy team

Have you considered porting this to the iControlPad and the iPhone? I would welcome a joypad based Spectrum emulator for the iPhone!!! :D

Back