Good quality games for gp32

MaXXik

Still Fresh
I think, that gp32 community must support homebrew developers buying their new games or emulators.
As for me, i think to start port some interisting game from amiga, but i have not rights for porting this game. But if community does not support my work, why I must continue working on gp32 platform ?
Gp32 deads only then YOU stop buying new games !
The key for development new good games is motivation. And money is good motivation for all developers. ;)

From what I am told NOT all Homebrew developers do it for the money.

Its never about the money...
BUT since I am NOT a coder or developer,....what is the motivation?

Another 'scene' where I'm involved in is the Vectrex -homebrewers. Many games come out for the Vectrex console (from 1982) every year, and only a portion of them make profit, most are sold for the price of the manufacturing (cartridge etc. costs).

So, no. If people are enthusiastic enough, money isn't the motivator. It's keeping the platform alive, giving something back to the community.

Before asking for financial support coders better come up with very good emulators and games which they are willing to support themselves ( if you sell your game / emulator you must be willing to respond to users, fix errors, that kind of things... )

And anyone asking money for porting a non-open-source game should get some very good lawyers first.

If someone writes a good game ( Gloop ) or emulator ( X-Cade on Palm )you can always decide to sell it / release it as shareware. It's okay to ask for donations but you can't expect a community to back you up before you have something to show.

Or simple: if you want to sell, get a good product.

Back