Godot game engine goes Open Source

x1212

Not if you want to use 3.0 as that only has a GLES 3 renderer.
But they are already working on bringing back GLES 2 support, so from 3.1 on it should be possible again.
However I'm not sure how well the Pandora will perform with those new PBR features in there as I remember it struggling even with "just" pixel lighting.

So if you only use simple 2D or very simple 3D, it should be feasible in the future.

directive0

Very Active Member
Well I tried. Doesn't execute. When run from Terminal with ./ I get "cannot execute binary file".

I guess it's going to be more complicated than I thought. I wish I could get a more verbose reason why it doesn't work.

Blue Shadow

Very Active Member
That error often occurs when a binary has the wrong architecture. How exactly did you compile the game? Have you built godot for the pandora and are compiling the code it from there? Please post the output of
Code:
file name_of_your_binary

directive0

Very Active Member
That error often occurs when a binary has the wrong architecture. How exactly did you compile the game? Have you built godot for the pandora and are compiling the code it from there? Please post the output of
Code:
file name_of_your_binary
D'oh. That's pretty obvious and I didn't even think about it. I attempted to run a compiled game made by the godot engine on my Ubuntu computer and then tried to run the godot editor that I downloaded from the downloads page for 32bit Linux. In both cases the file produced is:

Code:
ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (GNU/Linux), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.24, not stripped.
Makes sense I'd need to recompile it for ARM, etc. But I'm not really familiar with the process so if anyone could give me a hand I'd really appreciate it.

I've found a list of requirements and basic instructions. Not sure if the Pandora meets them.

JDTAY

Half Pepperoni, All Cheese
I tried messing around with Godot today. Didn't really get the hang of it, but I guess that would take more than a day.

I had been specifically avoiding returning to game development until now, but I don't really have much else to do all day, except think bad thoughts. I was afraid of my games being judged harshly, but now I'm even more afraid of what happens if I don't have something to do.