Release GnuCASH

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
Here is GnuCASH, the Free Accounting Software.

preview1.png
 Note that the start time is very long on this software (more than 30sec, on a Gigahertz Pandora with a fast SDCard), so be patient each time you launch it.

History log

=========

Build 01

-----------

• Initial build

Last edited by a moderator:
Neat.

At some point in the past, it was one of the hardest software to compile.

Awesome! Thanks. 

Bug report:
Not a major issue, but it maximizes and restore fine from the buttons, just don't double click (or tap) on the tittle bar or it would crash the window manager. 

Btw, what's the name of our window manager, I mean how can I recall it from the terminal?

EDIT: typing "xfwm4" on the terminal and pressing enter restores the windows manager.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome! Thanks. 

Bug report:

Not a major issue, but it maximizes and restore fine from the buttons, just don't double click (or tap) on the tittle bar or it would crash the window manager. 

Btw, what's the name of our window manager, I mean how can I recall it from the terminal?
The "double click" crash the window manager, yes, I have that, not only on GnuCash but on almost everything I thing (I crashed with just Mousepad). Let's say it's a "bad" (but handy) windows habbit, that sadly doesn't work well here.

Awesome! Thanks. 

Bug report:

The "double click" crash the window manager, yes, I have that, not only on GnuCash but on almost everything I thing (I crashed with just Mousepad). Let's say it's a "bad" (but handy) windows habbit, that sadly doesn't work well here.
*lol* very true and I don't know why I use it since it's not that handy to double tap on the screen, but anyways...

sorry ptitseb, did not see your post until today.

So I create an expense report, from start to end of the year. If it is a graphical report, the page is blank. If it is text, it displays just fine.
Now, when you try the big "fermer" ("close") button, the pnd_run.sh: line 532: 7136 Segmentation fault "./$EXENAME" $ARGUMENTS "$@"
RAM is OK, still around 150Mb free. Now, adding a close button on each tab (Edit, Preferences, Windows, show close button on notebook tabs), when I close the tab: pnd_run.sh: line 532: 13372 Segmentation fault "./$EXENAME" $ARGUMENTS "$@"

so nothing useful, I am afraid. Opening a tab with ledger data, then closing it works fine. So it has to do with the graphics somehow (as in: not being there/no malloc, but pointer still being released).

However, I rerated it as 4 stars, just because the rest DOES work. Gnucash changed their graphs engine totally (another product) at least a year ago, so maybe the a new build would solve it?

Back