Release GnuBoy released

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I didn't really like the GB / GBC Emulation of VisualBoyAdvance, so I grabbed the GnuBoy-Sourcecode and compiled it with a little help for the Pandora.

Packaged up is a working GnuBoy supporting .7z and .zip roms, fullscreen or proportional scaling, SRAM, up to 10 savestates.

No fancy GUIs, but they are not really needed with GameBoy ;)

Enjoy and leave any feedback / bug reports here.

Download: GnuBoy

Thanks Ed!

It runs great. Is it possible to exit a game, and then go back to rom select screen instead of kicking back out to the desktop?

Chris

Thanks Ed!

It runs great. Is it possible to exit a game, and then go back to rom select screen instead of kicking back out to the desktop?

Well, I could do that yes. Then there would be no way to directly quit to the desktop except for quitting and then cancelling the rom dialogue :)

Okay, changed that.

Also tried including VSync for smoother scrolling with Pickles help, but didn't work out yet.

Simply redownload if you want to go back to file selector if you quit :)

I didn't have time to try this last night, but hopefully I'll be able to later. Finally, I'll be able to tackle the Game Boy Mega Man games on my Pandora.
grin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, changed that.

Also tried including VSync for smoother scrolling with Pickles help, but didn't work out yet.

Simply redownload if you want to go back to file selector if you quit :)
Thanks for the fast fix Ed. It's the simple things that make these emu's great. I'm updating right now.

Chris

Thanks ED! It loaded my test color and B&W games perfectly, and sounded good. I'll look forward to some quality time with it when I'm not at work.

For the people talking about quitting/loading a new rom, maybe you could set up ESC to quit the app, and Q to quit to rom selection? Not sure how hard it is to change/add behavior.

ED, tried last night, works AMAZINGLY!

Kudos to you and to anyone else who helped out :)

If possible in future, a generic rom picker would be better than the XFCE one, I cant stand it. I suppose it does its job though.

Thank you ;)

If possible in future, a generic rom picker would be better than the XFCE one, I cant stand it. I suppose it does its job though.

Pickle is working on picklelauncher :)

It's not yet suiting GnuBoy perfectly, that's why it's not using it, but once Pickle implements some features, I will switch to it.

Pickle is working on picklelauncher :)

It's not yet suiting GnuBoy perfectly, that's why it's not using it, but once Pickle implements some features, I will switch to it.
+1

Looking forward to this. Thanks to Ed & Pickle, you guys rock!

Chris

Thanks ED, really good work :)

Oooh and Pickle too ;)

I really need some bigger SD cards! :D

I didn't have time to try this last night, but hopefully I'll be able to later. Finally, I'll be able to tackle the Game Boy Mega Man games on my Pandora.
grin.gif
I've bought Megaman 2 on gameboy, when it was a new game…
Still own the cartridge, but I never got really far in the game, it's too hard for me.
blink.gif

Great job ED, can't wait to try it when I'll get my pandora, Wario Land 2 is calling for me :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Back