Gngeo2x Is Not Dumping Gfx And I Can't Play

Dakku

Still Fresh
Hi,

I'm new to the GP2X world, im reading & learning new things everyday, but i got stuck with this problem and havn't found answer, if anybody would help it'll be kind of him :) , thnx in advance.

Im using F-200 it came with frimware 4.0.2 and i upgraded it to 4.1.0

I didn't play anything on my device yet except the orginal games.

I got the GnGeo2X emulator version 0.7 fronted with RAGE2X, I did all the requirements, setup everything, and ready to play, but then when i clicked on the game from the list, it started loading the rom files, then it asked me: In order to play KOF2002 a dumpgfx file is needed ...etc., i clicked Yes and it started loading gfx files until a line that says Converting tile came up but it didn't start ... instead it took me back to the game list menu.

I tried other roms too, it's all the same, when i go to the rom folder on my PC, i see a .gfx file has the same rom name that i tried but it's 0kb size.

what should i do?

It seems to be an error in your installation. Check that you have enough space on the SD (.gfx files are from 10 to 100MB in size), that the SD is not corrupted, that there is no spaces in the directoy name (maybe a bug?) and/or remove all emulator files and reinstall.

kof2002.rc has an error in it. It reads the CPU as 8MB. It should be 5MB. Fix and re-run. I would, however, recommend that you run dumpgfx on a system to prevent SD corruption. Then copy the gfx file over.

CPU 0x500000
265-p1.bin 0x100000 0x100000 NORM
265-p2.bin 0x100000 0x400000 NORM
END

There are some others that have issues as well. I had to make some notes to myself.

romrc.d changes:

fixed - ct2k3sp, cthd2003, garou, kof95, kof2002, mslug5, nitd, sengoku3, svc, svcplus
renamed - cthd2003sp[ct2k3sp],rodd[rotd]
added - ganryu, irrmaze, kof2000, matrim, ms4plus, ms5plus, vliner

bman,

thnx for ur support, I did what u told me, edited the kof2002.rc CPU line to what u posted there:

CPU 0x500000
265-p1.bin 0x100000 0x100000 NORM
265-p2.bin 0x100000 0x400000 NORM
END

and now when i try to run the game it says unsupported romset.

please tell me how to rip the gfx on my PC, winXP.

i've got the dumpgfx.exe, but it got no gui, double click on it and nothing comes out except black window flashes.

You have to use "ye old dos interface" here: in the run application box of your start menu run cmd.exe, move to the directory of dumpgfx.exe and run as the readme says (I do not remember the parameters)

I had a reply all ready for you and then I retested my kof2002 and it was not working. I will have to go back to the drawing board and find out how I got it working a long time ago.

Juanvvc,

Srry i didn't notice u up there XD, well .. no, nothing currupted or bad installation, i was doing eveything very carefully, i actually tried it on 2 different SD cards & got the same results.

Thnx for the CMD hint, yea i searched and found the command to creat gfx outta ur rom.

I've created KOF2002.gfx on my PC, it came out 66MB, while in GnGeo it told it requires 64MB, anyhow .. I ran the game but got a black window with nothing except the fps rate which is 60.

-
I had a reply all ready for you and then I retested my kof2002 and it was not working. I will have to go back to the drawing board and find out how I got it working a long time ago.
-

Please do!, u know bman, NeoGeo emulation is the first reason for me to pick GP2X, and the most game i play in it is kof2002, i hope this explains how badly i want it to work :)

btw .. there is another rom for KOF2002 which is KOF2k2.zip but i couldn't make it work either, i dunno if u wanna try that one.

Dakku said:
btw .. there is another rom for KOF2002 which is KOF2k2.zip but i couldn't make it work either, i dunno if u wanna try that one.
tried that today, get graphical glitches, so I must have done something wrong. Darn, I really should save all my working configs so I don't have to go through this again. Maybe someone else has a working config for kof2002. I now get either a working kof2002 with black screen or kof2k2 with glitches and crash. I get the same 66Mb file, seems to be alright as it isn't encrypted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried playing any of the smaller games (below ~12MB)? They shouldn't require a GFX dump. This could tell us if the problem might be from your installation.

What version of GnGeo2x are you using? Is that the stable 0.7 or the 0.7a beta releases? If I remember correctly, GFX dumping within the emulator got broken in the beta releases. So you have to manually dump them using dumpgfx (or dumpgzx).

It might be also be due to encrypted, incompatible, incomplete, or dummy files in your ROM sets, or they are incorrectly configured. Have you checked and tried using them on other NeoGeo emulators like in a PC?

If you do give up on doing them yourself, you can just search for torrents for the GP2X that contains working ROM sets and GFX dumps for the GnGeo2x. ;)

Back