Gngeo Crashes On Exit And When Dumping Gfx Files

Mattroid

Still Fresh
I posted about this quite some time ago (been away from the scene for a while), but I'm still having this problem. Here's the original post:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...mp;#entry535093

While most seem to exit fine now, I still have this issue with GnGeo when trying to dump gfx files. Every time I try to dump one, it always finishes and tells me to restart the program (hit any key). Well, that's where it always just freezes and I have to turn off the system.

Other than that, everything seems fine, but that does get a little annoying.

Anyone know what's up?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mattroid said:
I posted about this quite some time ago (been away from the scene for a while), but I'm still having this problem. Here's the original post:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...mp;#entry535093

While most seem to exit fine now, I still have this issue with GnGeo when trying to dump gfx files. Every time I try to dump one, it always finishes and tells me to restart the program (hit any key). Well, that's where it always just freezes and I have to turn off the system.

Other than that, everything seems fine, but that does get a little annoying.

Anyone know what's up?

Which version of gngeo do you use?
After the crash, do the dump have been created or not?

I'll check that part of code anyway.

Version 0.7

The file is created, but it's 0KB. When I try to run the rom after that, it simply locks up after extracting the files.

This is odd, because I know that I've been able to create the files successfully before and be able to run the roms after the initial lock up.

Let me try running a different rom and see what happens...same problem...

Hmm, just tried to run an unknown romset as well. Gives me an error and to again, press any key, and locks up.

edit: just gad it lock up while trying to save state in metal slug. possibly a fluke since it worked fine the other day...

Mattroid said:
Version 0.7

The file is created, but it's 0KB. When I try to run the rom after that, it simply locks up after extracting the files.

This is odd, because I know that I've been able to create the files successfully before and be able to run the roms after the initial lock up.

Let me try running a different rom and see what happens...same problem...

Hmm, just tried to run an unknown romset as well. Gives me an error and to again, press any key, and locks up.

edit: just gad it lock up while trying to save state in metal slug. possibly a fluke since it worked fine the other day...
Can you try with another SD card? looks like gngeo can't write on it.

pepone said:
Can you try with another SD card? looks like gngeo can't write on it.
Sure, I will. All mine are the same, though...All of them are either SanDisk 1GB or 2GB cards. The one I have in there now is one of my 2GB...I think my 1GB is clean, so I'll try it either tonight or tomorrow and see if that makes a difference.

Okay, I finally got around to it. Testing as I type, so this'll sort of be a step-by-step list of what I do...

Just put in my 1GB SanDisk (one of the recent models...maybe a month old tops). First tried to run a bad rom (metal slug 3)...locked up like it did before.

Trying to load kof2003, dump the gfx file (or seems to), tells me to press any key and restart...locks up like before. Reboot, try to run the rom, it start, but just goes to a black screen and nothing. Can bring up the menu and try to exit...locks up :( Looking on the SD card, the gfx file was created. Perhaps it's my rom file...

Tried kof98, when it asked to dump the gfx, I said NO. It locked up.

Will try Pulstar which didn't work on my other card when I tried...Dumped gfx...lock up...reboot...loads...but locks up on the WARNING screen...can get to the menu, but locks up when trying to exit...

So far, better luck with this one, but still the usual lock ups. Perhaps formatting my 2GB and just starting clean will help...

Also tried it on a generic 1GB of my girlfriend's. It's MicroCenter SD card. Same issues all across the board.

Is this really an uncommon issue?

Back