Gngeo2x 0.7 Crashing Problem

drokkeh

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
apologies if this has already been dealt with in another thread (i have done a search and cant see anything like this).

When i load up gngeo, select a rom, e.g mslug 1 - it loads fine seems to play ok but after 1-5 mins it will just crash back to the gngeo GUI...no error message.

I have tried various command lines, with sound/without 266 o/clock etc - they all work and will run it but the problem above doesnt go away. This happens on all the roms.

Any ideas what the issue is?

drokkeh posted on Sep 19 2006 at 01:39 PM said:
apologies if this has already been dealt with in another thread (i have done a search and cant see anything like this).

When i load up gngeo, select a rom, e.g mslug 1 - it loads fine seems to play ok but after 1-5 mins it will just crash back to the gngeo GUI...no error message.

I have tried various command lines, with sound/without 266 o/clock etc - they all work and will run it but the problem above doesnt go away. This happens on all the roms.

Any ideas what the issue is?

Damn, posted in wrong section, this should be under GP2X!

Last edited by a moderator:
Vimacs posted on Sep 19 2006 at 01:44 PM said:
most likely batterys

You mean the manufacturer type or that its losing charge?

They are 2700Mah Uniross fully charged- everything else works fine, and i *think* magical drop is ok too. Its mainly the metal slug games that crash out.

Could it be the memory card that is slow and cant keep or something too?

Shikaku posted on Sep 19 2006 at 04:59 PM said:
Hehehe... strange Gngeo2x bug: enable sound. Metal Slugs require sound to be on...

I might delete the whole prog and roms and try it again. with sound on or off it will either freeze or go back to that gngeo splash screen. Occasionally i get the 'illegal exeption' error in unibios. But i d/loaded the latest version 3 times and unzipped into roms folder as mentioned? This error only happens on mslug3.

I'm probably best just using mame instead.

Thanks anyway though.

drokkeh posted on Sep 20 2006 at 05:00 AM said:
Shikaku posted on Sep 19 2006 at 04:59 PM said:
Hehehe... strange Gngeo2x bug: enable sound. Metal Slugs require sound to be on...

I might delete the whole prog and roms and try it again. with sound on or off it will either freeze or go back to that gngeo splash screen. Occasionally i get the 'illegal exeption' error in unibios. But i d/loaded the latest version 3 times and unzipped into roms folder as mentioned? This error only happens on mslug3.

I'm probably best just using mame instead.

Thanks anyway though.

it's either you (meaning SD card error somewhere) or your rom then. Metal Slugs never crash for me.

Back