Gngeo

CRWoody

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
I am having very little success with neogeo on the gp2x.

I am using Cramfs 1.4 firmware and my folders for gngeo are set up correctly(this i have checked many times)

And Rom that does not require a .gfx dump will run just fine. (i.e Metal Slug)

But whenever a .gfx dup is needed the emulator with dump graphics as it should, then when selecting the rom again it will then return me to the gngeo start screen.

I've had no luck with using the windows gfx dump application. I'm getting invalid Rom errors with that.

I have also used many different Rom dumps to test with, And also checked and edited the romrc file to make sure that the .rom/.bin files match.

Any ideas anyone?

Many Thanks,

Woody

take a look at the "romrc"-file and make sure your roms are named exactly like the ones in the romrc...you have to look especially at the rom/bin ending & the "-"/"_" in the filename

hope it helps

B4N5H33

Thanks for that.

On playing around further I have found that the graphics dump from Gngeo is only creating a 0kb size dump.

But i have finally got the Windows Dump to work. So i am now able to also play Metal slug 2 and X.

Any other rom i try will not complete.

My next step is to recreate the romrc file so that it will match my rom sets.
(even tho the majority does already)

CRWoody posted on Apr 14 2006 at 09:59 AM said:
Thanks for that.

On playing around further I have found that the graphics dump from Gngeo is only creating a 0kb size dump.

But i have finally got the Windows Dump to work. So i am now able to also play Metal slug 2 and X.

Any other rom i try will not complete.

My next step is to recreate the romrc file so that it will match my rom sets.
(even tho the majority does already)

Get one of the newest versions of Gngeo, which has the dump feature built into it, that will make your life a lot easier, LOL. You are getting the 0kb "reading" because the rom wasn't dumped. Once you have one of the newer versions if the roms still won't dump, it's the rom that's bad, and not the emu. H.G.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back