I did originally use a version with the metadata information, which Gmu displayed correctly. But when the songs in the playlist wouldn't play, I tried a simpler version to rule out the problem possibly being the metadata information.wejp said:Whenever possible use normal M3U files, not the ancient simple version like you did. This should not be the problem here, though, but that way you would at least see the actual title instead of just the path (or part of it).
As I mentioned, I was able to get Gmu to create a playlist once. Unfortunately in my experimentations, I didn't save it, and afterwards I would get the "failed saving (playlist filename)" when I tried to save a playlist.wejp said:What you could also try, is to create a playlist with those tracks within Gmu and then use Gmu to save that playlist to disc. Gmu always writes the full m3u file format, not the old one without any meta data. You could then compare the two to check what's different. There must be something wrong with the path and/or the file's character encoding. Character encoding is especially critical with filenames that contain non-ASCII characters like Ö.
I'll start off with a fresh install of Gmu and try again.
Thanks for your help.
Last edited by a moderator: