Gmenu2X

Do you think that GMenu2x is defaulting to a clock speed that's too low for the system to handle?

RupeeClock said:
Do you think that GMenu2x is defaulting to a clock speed that's too low for the system to handle?

Thats one idea ive had. There a file called gmenu.conf should be in the gmenu folder. In that file is a line menuClock=200, as you see I have mine set to 200, but set it to anything higher than what you have and see if it makes a difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
I seem to be missing some files needed in the gmenu2x archive, there is no gmenu.conf or anything... maybe check to see what files might be missing from the release to cause the freezing for some of us pickles... thanks :)

Hooka said:
I seem to be missing some files needed in the gmenu2x archive, there is no gmenu.conf or anything... maybe check to see what files might be missing from the release to cause the freezing for some of us pickles... thanks :)

"pickles" huh ;-) Im updating the archive to have those files too. It should be the same as I have on my sd card.gmenu2x-wiz.zip
get it here while during the wait: pickle.gp2x.de/gmenu2x-wiz.zip

Post if it works any different.

just a bit more info, I discovered the response on 1.1.0 is actually fine, but the only input method that works is the touchscreen, and for that it is off by about half an inch in two directions. so I can select buttons if I hit the right part of the screen (up and to the left) but I can't actually use it. And none of the hardware buttons do anything.

When I installed Gmenu2x, I accidentally first installed an old copy I downloaded from the forums, and then overwrite all the files with the archive version.
Which probably why I didn't have any problems to begin with.

Yeah I'll try out the last version for you.

Edit: Tried a fresh install, I see no problems.
Now that's funny, I just found out you can overclock the frontend itself, and make navigating the menus faster.

RupeeClock said:
When I installed Gmenu2x, I accidentally first installed an old copy I downloaded from the forums, and then overwrite all the files with the archive version.

Now that's funny, I just found out you can overclock the frontend itself, and make navigating the menus faster.

Thanks hopefully others have the same result.

Pickle said:
RupeeClock said:

works fine here apart from the touch screen wich is way out need a calibration option, and also after exiting games it goes back to the boring old menu if thease can be fixed and some better themes thrown in we have a winner on our hands.Keep up the great work hope to see more updates.

jutley said:
Pickle said:
RupeeClock said:

works fine here apart from the touch screen wich is way out need a calibration option, and also after exiting games it goes back to the boring old menu if thease can be fixed and some better themes thrown in we have a winner on our hands.Keep up the great work hope to see more updates.

I did look at the touchscreen code and the f200 code does access the the device directly. That code could be copied but I didnt see a device that looked like the touchscreen.
If someone knows what device file to use under /dev I can add it and see if the f200 code works. It does have some stuff with calibration.

Excellent work on this. It's very neat. Just a few things I've noticed though:

- The battery icon at the bottom appears empty perpetually, despite the fact that it's full in the official frontend.

- Applications still exit to the official frontend. I attempted to change that using the gmenu options, but it still does.

- (This one is more of a suggestion) Is it possible to make long titles (for icons) wrap the text under? In other words, two lines of text, rather than 1 really long line that merges with the icons next to it.

Again thanks for all the hard work on this. :D

- The battery icon at the bottom appears empty perpetually, despite the fact that it's full in the official frontend.
Im using the gp2x (non-open2x) method. I have no idea if the pollux version works the same way. It possible its not scaled properly. We probably need the kernel source to really know.

- Applications still exit to the official frontend. I attempted to change that using the gmenu options, but it still does.
There nothing I can do about this. GPH has to change the gp2xmenu. Or every dev including myself has to change everything to be scriptable or have a gmenu/gp2xmenu restart option.

- (This one is more of a suggestion) Is it possible to make long titles (for icons) wrap the text under? In other words, two lines of text, rather than 1 really long line that merges with the icons next to it.
I dont really have any more plans for this. Ryo may be interested.

Again thanks for all the hard work on this. :D
Thanks!

Pickle. do you have any idea what causes the touch-screen to de-calibrate? I've had screen related issues using Gmenu2x even back on my F100, trying to TV-out things were misaligned.

hni0048.jpg

This is certainly an issue with Gmenu2x, everything touchscreen is effected after leaving it.

Pickle said:
There nothing I can do about this. GPH has to change the gp2xmenu. Or every dev including myself has to change everything to be scriptable or have a gmenu/gp2xmenu restart option.
What about replacing the gp2xmenu executable?

Jan-Nik said:
Pickle said:

That would work although anyone trying should know what they are doing.

Pickle said:
Jan-Nik said:
Pickle said:

That would work although anyone trying should know what they are doing.

I just did this using termula2x. It works great.

I first copied gp2xmenu to gp2xmenu.old in termula2x

Code:
cp /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu.old

Then I replaced /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu with this shell script:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
if [ -e /mnt/sd/autorun.gpu ]; then
  exec /mnt/sd/autorun.gpu
fi
exec /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu.old

By putting it first on my SD card and then

Code:
cp /mnt/sd/gp2xmenu /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu
chmod +x /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu

Now everything works the way I expect -- autorun actually autoruns always. If I don't want to autorun I have to take out the card or just rename the file to something else other than autorun.gpu.

Thanks for the idea pickle and these guys for the base script.

Back