Gmenu2X

Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site
Gmenu2x is no longer beta
icon_smile.gif

I finished adding clock and battery support for the wiz version.

The clockspeed is capped at 900 Mhz. The default clock for applications is at 550 Mhz.
It is changeable in all situations by 10 mhz.

Im not confident that the battery monitoring is accurate. I added the wiz's battery device but left the battery levels the same as the gp2x. Im assuming GPH left it the same, which they usually do.

Binary: http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/wiz ... ,0,0,7,124
Source: http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/wiz ... 0,0,46,125

WarmFluffyUK said:
EvilDragon said:
Does this now restart gmenu2x when I quit a game? :)
Nope, on it still goes back to the Wiz menu :(
Did GPH ever respond to people's feedback about this? Perhaps a compromise could be reached, with three autorun options: Off, Once, and Always. Once would have the current behaviour, and Always would launch autorun.gpu each time gp2xmenu is called, even after the first firmware boot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alex. said:
WarmFluffyUK said:
EvilDragon said:
Did GPH ever respond to people's feedback about this? Perhaps a compromise could be reached, with three autorun options: Off, Once, and Always. Once would have the current behaviour, and Always would launch autorun.gpu each time gp2xmenu is called, even after the first firmware boot.

Yeah this for sure isnt a gmenu2x issue. Ive sent the message to gph direct that we would like this corrected, but I never got a response.

Ive updated the archive with the missing libs do if it didnt work before try again.

Is anyone still getting frozen at the menu?
I'm running the latest firmware btw.
:(

sixela said:

Did you reload the file from the archive? It always take some time until the archive is updated. Look for the three files with lib in the beginning.

sixela said:
same for me.
it loads up, but i can't navigate the menu :(

WarmFluffyUK said:
EvilDragon said:
Maybe it is time for Open2X-Wiz. This way the stupid things that GPH does will be irrelevant.

DaveC said:
Maybe it is time for Open2X-Wiz. This way the stupid things that GPH does will be irrelevant.

I second that... can't wait for a total fw replacement including gmenu like I have it
on the 2X. I hope it will come, and i hope it will come fast :-D

I'm not a developer, just a user, but Gmenu2X made me very happy back on the GP2X. It was certainly better than the firmware menus by far.
Ya know, with the whole grid of icons under a tray, rather than a selection of categories to access.

Still, if Open2X-Wiz is ever conceived, maybe we'll have more than one person working on the firmware. :D

I also cannot use this on a brand new 1.1.0 wiz. It boots but I can't do anything. If I hold down left or right eventually the selector will move one icon over but it takes about 30 seconds to do that.

I'm using Gmenu2X and I'm not having any problems on my fresh 1.1.0 system.
I've no idea why you're having any problems really.

I really shouldn't be using Gmenu2X though, thanks to programs not quitting back to the program. :\

so i wonder why it doesn't work for some of us.
i really would like to use gmenu2x, it looks very nice, but the only thing that seems to work is touchscreen... somehow... only in the upper right part of the screen and i can't start anything.
don't know what i'm doing wrong :(

You need to select a section using L/R, and then press select to bring up a menu, and then "Add link in ####"

Everything works fine for me.

none of the buttons seem to work for me, i can only use the touchscreen to move the marker and pressing select does nothing :(

Pickle, It doesn't work properly on my 1.1.0 firmware Wiz. The indicated cpu-speed on the bottom of the screen says 100Mhz. It seems frozen, doesn't respond to shoulder buttons or perhaps does so in such a laggy manner that I got tired of waiting for a response. The touch screen does evoke some laggy responses but only on part of the touch screen and only a long time after the stylus has left the touch screen - it is reproducible but if it was not I would have thought it was something random.

In current form it is not usable on my system. I guess GPH did something weird with the 1.1.0 firmware. I recently got my Wiz unit from a Dutch retailer and it actually came with 1.1.0 firmware.

Back