GLQuake?

ZXDunny

Deep avatar
I may be getting forgetful in my old age, but wasn't GLQuake demo'd as one of the Pandora's first games?

Anyone know what happened to it? I can only find Quake2 and Quake3 for download.

D.

I don't think a port exists. It was always Q2 and Q3, there might have been an early Q1 software based port.

I'd quite like to see Q1 ported.

I've got a Quake 1 around here somewhere; maybe from Pickle?

I suspect its just lost in the ether, no one bothered to upload it anywhere. (I forget if its GLquake or a software rendered wquake or what; Quake1 truns in software rendering full speed on like 200mhz for lower res machines, so I dont' really care how its rendered myself :)

I'm not around much this weekend, but PM me monday and I'll dig out the pnd I do have; if its no good, I or someone can do a quick port.. building Quake1 is a piece of cake. (I did it for Palm even so many years agol... ugh!) :)

Craigix -- I follow mostly gp32x forum, too many places to follow things, but isnt' it awesome to see all the joy in the boards again, instead of the nasty? Woot :)

jeff

There is version on the Angstrom repository.. not sure if anyone got around to making a PND of it yet, nor If I know it's been 100% compatible to the Pandora.. Works fine on the beagleboard.

Definitely like to see this in action.

I have some great memories of playing GLQuake in the Barrysworld MCW. Online gaming in a Quake clan on a 56.6K modem in 1997/8. WOW! Great times :p

Voodoo 1 in late '96 - then Voodoo 2 12 months later :lol: 3DFx and Glide seem so long ago......

Quake for Wiz with Ginge probably works, but you don't get the higher resolution.

Glquake does exist and i ported it, but with the last driver for the SGX it locks real quick. I dont know what happened because it worked flawlessly until then. I ported 3 different variations of it ID glquake, tyrquake, and fitzquake.

I been waiting to see what the latest driver would do, but that might be a while until it happens.

Back