Gizmosforgeeks Article

They said PSP has a better screen <_<
They don't mention headphone jack. :(
They don't mention START, SELECT, L, R, or Stick buttons. :angry:

They also implied that the GP2X is better as a media device than a game device :huh:

Blah posted on Aug 29 2006 at 09:19 AM said:
Not a bad review I think.

Similar to a PSP, the left and right top buttons are located along the top edge of the GP2X along with a standard headphone jack and the SD card port.
Moving on to the GP2X buttons, on the right side you have the Select and Start buttons and the A, B, X and Y buttons arranged in a circle. The left side of the unit includes an 8-way directional joystick

But yeah,they don't mention the joystick push-switch.

Last edited by a moderator:
But it's not better than PSP. They are good only at the things they're made for, and GP2X and PSP were made for different things.

In a purely hardware sense, the PSP is better.
But Sony has hampered the system with DRM, Homebrew blocking and Auto Updates.

I don't really agree with his statement that the PSP screen is so much better. That ghosing is pretty bad. And for what the GP2X is used for the aspect on the GP2X is better suited as well.

Blah posted on Aug 29 2006 at 04:19 AM said:
They said PSP has a better screen <_<

They also implied that the GP2X is better as a media device than a game device :huh:

I kinda agree that the gp2x is better as a media device.... I dont use it much for games, except for squidgesnes.

Shikaku posted on Aug 29 2006 at 03:55 PM said:
xinfernoofdantex posted on Aug 29 2006 at 03:51 PM said:
psp screen is better :p Normal people don't care about ghosting

I care about ghosting so much I won't buy an LCD monitor..

I'd call you a geek if I weren't so busy wanking off to some night elves...

As far as the industry is concerned, a 480x272 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio is "better" than a 320x240 4:3 aspect ratio display, especially given the recent focus on widescreen movie playback. Of course that doesn't take into account that most emulators look like trash on a widescreen display, or that the response time of the PSP's widescreen display is inferior, and its design process more prone to large amounts of dead pixels (so many in fact that there are PSP community-made programs to try and unstick 'stuck' pixels.)

If you're comparing the MK2 and the PSP, I'd say the MK2 screen was really better in every way- there's no interlacing to speak of although the viewable angle is impacted. The viewing angle on the PSP is pretty awful, though, too. If you're comparing the MK1, I can see how an unexperienced user, e.g. a reviewer, might declare the PSP display the winner right away due to scanline issues.

xinfernoofdantex posted on Aug 29 2006 at 12:51 PM said:
psp screen is better :p Normal people don't care about ghosting
Not for emulators though. The screen size and ratio is much better suited for classic emulation. Also I don't know about you guys, but ghosting kills the experience of a classic game(or actually all games) for me. While the PSP's screen is much better for new games with far more intense graphics.

Overall I'd say that while as usual there are discrepencies, (e.g wma, and the other usual suspects) The review was a positive one. Hey, thats alot better than our favorite handheld has fared in relation to the PSP in other "reviews". I'd say its a good start! ;)

Back