giri ggiiiiirrrrrriiiiiiiii

bradley

i still don't think its a great game and falls quite low in the pile of lode runner games out there but i forgot the power of boredom and how long adverts can be on for, so i played, i got good score and now i need someone to beat it (but not by much :p )

game flaw - points for walking and no level time limit

since level 12 (i think) u can just drop out the level and walk forever with no risk of enemies getting u, combine that with geepee (no batteries to run out) and a keyboard macro type program, or an umpa lumpa you can get any score u like, needs a time limit per level or something otherwise high scores aren't gonna carry much credit, only thing u can say at the moment is the score needs to be proportional to the level number otherwise its easy to see they cheaped the score but it still can be used a little to boost the score which is still a bit dodgy

but for now levels still count for something so 20 is the new goal

btw does anyone actually play the game???

Lode Runner didn't have a timer originally, did it? I can't remember. I think some the NES/GB ones may have. Lode Runner Returns on PC maybe (where did I put the CD for this game? I forgot I had it even)

Internet Ranking is a pretty big thing in Japan I gather. Fighting games (like VF4) have it a lot these days, a lot of Sega games have it I think (at the very least they have those e-cards), and all the Bemani series have it. Internet Ranking is great if you cheat the hell out of the thing, cos' that's what everyone does anyway. Best example: the internet ranking in the drummania series of games is done primarily by fixed 'nonstop' courses. You can only make so many mistakes before you fail, there is no energy bar recovery for all songs. All of the courses are ludicrously hard even for an expert, and quite a few are just downright physically impossible due to the physics of the machine (because of the sensitivity of the pads, distance between them, having to do rolls on two drums at once, etc). Yet, somehow, people manage to beat these courses without any misses, or very few, and get very high ranks. All Bemani games have very very high internet ranking scores, but drummania's are by far the worst, because you have no chance without cheating. (NB: cheating in this case would usually be more than one person playing)

The point is, regardless of fixing the scoring system, Internet Ranking isn't about who's the best, it's about who's the most obsessed or egotistical :) but to be honest I just felt like whinging about drummania's ranking because I came pretty low in it last time and I did damn good. If GGW was the best game ever, I could see the point in fixing it. But it isn't. I really can't fault it for an optional 'feature'. Ultimately, it's a bad idea on something which isn't burnt to a CD or written to a ROM chip.

I usually take my GP32 out with me on Fridays so I'll test the game then. definitely looking forward to it regardless of quality...

lode runner the legend returns.....i would cry if that game was released for gp32 with the animations and everything :wub: that was one of my first pc games on our first computer :) i looooooooove that game :wub: but i haven't tried giri giri walker, is it pretty similar??? :( :blink:

lol rankings actually are about whos best

just because some get cheated due to flaws doesn't mean thats what they are there for, a rankings board that gets abused is pointless and the ones that don't are actually good, its about competition and theres no comptition when cheating comes into play, i really have no idea how u come up with your crazy ideas,

if theres a flaw it might not even require someone to be that obsessed, just a bit of technical knowledge or something could win over someone whos been playing the game like mad for ages, rankings with flaws are pointless as they don't actually rank anything, cheating is never acceptable in a competitive environment your so crazy, crazy..........!!!!

oh and im sorry u suck at the drum game :lol:

I really like this game and the online score thing is really good, but I think it would be nice if it stored more than 10 scores as it won't be long before the top 10 scores are beyond my skills. It would be great if there were other games that did the high score thing though, like GP Pang.

Anyway, GP32 versions of the following games don't exist (other than in emu's) but if they did, they would make great high score table games:
Chuckie Egg
Bomb Jack
Arkanoid

Commando would also be good, but on second thoughts, you could just go somewhere relatively safe and just keep shooting baddies for ever and get a high score.

bomb jack is a game i was hoping would make it into fmame since i have never seen a home version of this game that was good, i used to play for high scores on the real arcade when i had access to it, i managed to get the top score after a lot of playing but as it was only about 10p a go wasn't so bad, would be fun to kick that off again, but even if it did make it into mame it wouldn't have the online score system but whatever its still a great game

and any fans of pang sould grab the overclocked version of snesemu and play super pang, almost full speed and is easily the best home version of any of the pang series i've played, just needs rf support for 2 player competition mode, and spang also has panic mode which was great in the arcade haven't tested the snes versions implimentation yet, but still owns gp pang even without that mode

Back