[gigas] Flashing Sprites :blink:

toxibunny

dammit! i spent ages cutting&pasting sprites into the demo spritesheet last night, but when i come to try it, they blink on and off :(

i had it working before with just one extra character, did all the pallette stuff.

might it be i've ran out of memory? the logo pic doesn't seem to show, either.

as always, any help appreciated :)

you can't resize the original templates yet, could that be it?

i just put them over the top of the green+yellow patches in 'entity_graphics.bmp'
from the \editing kit\demo (source) folder. no sizechange.

i'm stumped. if anyone wants to test it out to see what's happening, PM me and i'll mail you the .bmp (zipped B) ).

cheers :)

I had that problem once, make sure you have the right sprite sheets. and test someone elses sprites to see if its a problem with yours. I can send you one of the ones I made if you would like. I should have sent it into that site, I think they would have liked it.

fixed it! it was either the pallettes (don't think so, though), or maybe BMP2BIN not overwriting files properly.

when i deleted char0.raw from the folder and then ran the batch file again, it worked fine :)

i got the same prob and i cant fix it )): did you find any logic reason for the flashing? if yes, tell me pls....

*************fixed it! it was either the pallettes (don't think so, though), or maybe BMP2BIN not overwriting files properly.

when i deleted char0.raw from the folder and then ran the batch file again, it worked fine **********

make sure you set the pallettes, too :p

i'm thinking of writing a tutorial... don't suppose you know a good screenshot-taking program?

Back