Gifts And/or Souvenirs From The Us

Tea towels and T-Shirts,

they're light, pack easily and ones size fits all,

or get some of those giant T-Shirts made only for the american market! XXXL people love to laugh at Fat Americans (as if there are no fat poms or aussies)

or get some Malboro and Levi jeans, trade them for women (depends on what country you are going to)

Baseball cards, MAD magazine, right wing christian newsletters.

That's all I would want from America so if you ever come to visit me you will know what to bring.

some people prefer either a newspaper or literature from another country. so they can gain an understanding of the world that person comes from.

you can send me irn bru my canteen always stocks them but i love it :rolleyes:

Since I got to Japan my friends in the US have been pestering me to send them all sorts of things from here ... it's such a pain to send packages internationally, though. One person wants 'Qoo', a strange Apple-flavored soda made by the Coca-Cola Company that's only sold in Japan.

My favorite drink over here is a little glass bottle of carbonated lemon juice called 'Pokka' .. or FROM Pokka, it's a company. I haven't seen it outside of Tokyo, Kyoto and Hiroshima though.. I cannot find it locally. :( "C.C. Lemon" and "Natchan" orange soda are filling the void pretty well, though. :) And my favorite drink from the states, plain ol' Coke, is never in short supply (phew.)

Its a love hate thingwith marmite. i liked it the first time i ate some but now i hate it. However, i like the marmite flavoured Walkers crisps. and...Lucky Charms cereal!!! that always goes down a treat. Can't believe they banned that in the UK due to the amount of E numbers. Its ridiculous.

Note to self, find someone willing to send u a 1Kilo box of Lucky Charms. Too expensive on eBay

So is kool-aid like creamola foam ? a powder drink ? Someone get a box and put stuff in it and i will get a box and put stuff in then we can swap:p Nearly every one in scotland loves irn bru, its ok but i prefer Coke !

Actually irn bru bars are great ! 1 side is really tangy and sweet and the other side is alot milder :p

Epicenter can you send me stuff from japan ? actually you should get a box fill it with sweets and other cool stuff then sell it on ebay! i think you could make quite a bit of money Id buy one

Its a love hate thingwith marmite. i liked it the first time i ate some but now i hate it. However, i like the marmite flavoured Walkers crisps. and...Lucky Charms cereal!!! that always goes down a treat. Can't believe they banned that in the UK due to the amount of E numbers. Its ridiculous.

Note to self, find someone willing to send u a 1Kilo box of Lucky Charms. Too expensive on eBay
I'll send you a box (PM me) if you'll explain what that banning thing is about (E numbers?), and if you offer me some strange delicious English salable foodstuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'll send you a box (PM me) if you'll explain what that banning thing is about (E numbers?), and if you offer me some strange delicious English salable foodstuff.
hey, back up man, BACK UP. I'm the one here trading with the brits for some crazy UK edibles :angry:

:lol:

E numbers are something you find within the EU (and a few countries elsewhere in the world) and are basically codes for all the colours, additives, preservatives etc. that you find in food.

well im in the process of thinking of a package, of fine british tat

so far im thinking

refresher bars,
blackjack bars
fruitsalad bars,
Frosties, the sweet not the flakes,
wham bars,
iron bru bars,
possibly a couple of bags of niknaks,
maybe some wheat crunchies.

they are the best of english e number infused madness :)

so far im thinking

refresher bars,
blackjack bars
fruitsalad bars,
wham bars,
iron bru bars,

Send one of those my way and you'll have all the tang and kool-aid you can ever drink :eek:

so far im thinking

refresher bars,
blackjack bars
fruitsalad bars,
wham bars,
iron bru bars,

Send one of those my way and you'll have all the tang and kool-aid you can ever drink :eek:

;)

:p

It's pretty interesting how you guys have some things we've never heard of/can't obtain, and vice versa. Does anyone know off the top of their heads of any american candy/chocolate bars that aren't available in the UK?

most aren't

we cant get things like junior mints and stuff like that babyruth's is another
there was another one it was like a marsbar without the caramel they came in little squares.they were awesome.

its was only recently we got some HERSHEY'S products like kisses and those peanut butter things, as for candy we porlly get nothing.

i only know of mike and ikes becuase somone brought me some back from their holiday to newyork...

:p

It's pretty interesting how you guys have some things we've never heard of/can't obtain, and vice versa. Does anyone know off the top of their heads of any american candy/chocolate bars that aren't available in the UK?
Most of them, thank god. The first thing on any British ex-pats import list is chocolate.

whilst american choc is a alittle poo its not that bad,

infact id go as far to say that kisses rock!
although when warm it does smell like vomit.

Back