Gifts And/or Souvenirs From The Us

grahf

MK1 first edition #299, still going strong.
Website
Visit site
This is a little bit of a strange question but since this board has a nice selection of people from all over the place, it seemed like a good place to ask.

Everybody like souvenirs, but being as how i live in the US i have no idea what to get people. Im talking about if visiting another country, what kind of trivial things could i bring with me.

i love american sweets,

you know like koo-aid, american choc, mike and ike's.....

and yes im aware kool-aid is a drink, the best drink ever.

i love american sweets,

I once sent a care package to a buddy in New Zealand; many packs of kool-ade and a box of Twinkees. He sent me back some Weetabix and Vegamite. Thinking that Vegamite was sweet-tasting, I spread a huge smear of it on a piece of the Weetabix. (You can probably imagine the look of shock on my face when the tase hit my brain ... :lol: )

Last edited by a moderator:
i love american sweets,

I once sent a care package to a buddy in New Zealand; many packs of kool-ade and a box of Twinkees. He sent me back some Weetabix and Vegamite. Thinking that Vegamite was sweet-tasting, I spread a huge smear of it on a piece of the Weetabix. (You can probably imagine the look of shock on my face when the tase hit my brain ... :lol: )

lol, yea that must have been a large shock.

did you like it after that?

i love american sweets,

lol, yea that must have been a large shock.

did you like it after that?

Actually, yes ... we used it (sparingly!) on buttered toast. Yummy :)

i love american sweets,

You don't have kool-aid in the UK? You poor bastards! Who breaks through your walls to bring you a drink then?

koolaidmannj4.jpg

no, apprently they have it in france but not the uk,

bastards!

im down to my last 3 packets, oh i have about 6 packets of tammarindo, or whatever it is... bloody awful

im willing to pay good money to anyone on here who will post me some packets of big red gum. im too cheap to go the ebay way, id be happy to send something over in exchange. Maybe some irn-bru?

im willing to pay good money to anyone on here who will post me some packets of big red gum. im too cheap to go the ebay way, id be happy to send something over in exchange. Maybe some irn-bru?
what is it?

IRN-BRU (pronounced Iron Brew) was first produced in 1901 and become Scotland's "National Fizzy," and has gained a worldwide popularity. It has a mild, citrus vanilla flavor and is made with real cane sugar, not icky sweet corn syrup fructose. It is lightly carbonated.

I didnt really think about things like kool-aid and gum. Good call guys. Twinkies on the other hand would be cool, but a little unlikely to survive in airplane luggage.

Any non-edible junk we take for granted in the US?

Back