Ghetto Shoulder Button Fix

Both legs of the metal bit may need bending; the one with the little circle press's the button, the other one is the leg that provide the button with all its spring.

Why is the leg with the little circle springy??? Wouldn't it make more sense to just have the one springy leg to give the button it's spring and make the other leg solid? Surely it would feel more responsive like that. I might try experimenting with this.

Last edited by a moderator:
thegrimreaper posted on Aug 23 2005 at 08:01 AM said:
Both legs of the metal bit may need bending; the one with the little circle press's the button, the other one is the leg that provide the button with all its spring.

Why is the leg with the little circle springy??? Wouldn't it make more sense to just have the one springy leg to give the button it's spring and make the other leg solid? Surely it would feel more responsive like that. I might try experimenting with this.

The leg with the circle presses the button's microswitch down, the other leg rests on a plastic pin near the circuit board to supply the button's springyness just like the metal bit in a clothes peg works.

shinneri posted on Aug 23 2005 at 06:38 AM said:
I didn't bother with paper... I just bent the prong up a little, and my trigger works great now. :)
Same here - just gently adjusted the the springs until it clicked nicely and its been fine ever since. (Is it always the right shoulder that has this problem ?)

both of my shoulder buttons have needed to be pressed really hard to get them to work since I got it, and sometimes they didn't register at all. They weren't bent really badly or anything, though. They just didn't work most of the time. That really is a horrible design. So I did the ghetto button fix but with a slide variation. I took used the fabric from a pair of pants I cut into shorts recently instead of paper and shoved it in there. The seam was the perfect size to fit in there, and now my shoulder buttons are much better.

Another accolade from a happy GP32er :D

I just wore out my R-shoulder button and used this simple but effective fix. Now it's perfect!!

Only problem is, after re-assmbling my gp32_console , the L-shoulder button now seems sloppy :lol:

Back