Getting Tomb Raider to work?

Nintendo

Nintendo Switch
I have been having some trouble getting Tomb Raider to work on my pandora using psx rearmed, keeps getting to the startup screen and when i select new game it just goes to a black screen. Tried a couple of different versions of tomb raider and they all seem to do the same thing? Any ideas?

tomb4.jpg

I might be misremembering, but I think Tomb Raider might be one of those games that needs you to rip the subchannel info (or grab it from redump.org) for it to work properly.

I haven't come across this with any of my games, but I'm guessing it's logical to assume that you have to rename the subchannel file to match the name of your rip, and have them both in the same directory. (Now watch as my guess turns out to be wrong. :p )

EDIT: Never mind. I was misremembering. But apparently there are no less than seven different variants of the English-language version of Tomb Raider, including two marked as having EDC (I'm assuming this is Error Detection and Correction, which might be the issue).

Last edited by a moderator:
dont really know if it makes a difference or if this helps my tomb raider games have been transfered across straight from my psp so there in the form of an eboot and work fine (i only transfered 1,2 across but have the others to test) if i used one of the early pop station gui releases to convert my disks years ago. Could be woth tryin your games in an eboot format

All the Tomb Raider games work for me, all ripped as Bin/Cue from PAL originals (all first issue copies) with default subchannel settings in CDRWin (no separate subchannel file).

Those games want CD audio tracks, so you need proper CD image with all audio and metadata intact (580+MB + .cue/.toc/.ccd/.mds).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back