GP32 Getting Started With Zot

Shirohagen

Brutal Deluxe
Website
richardho.lt
Hi

I am thinking of having a play around with Zot, as I have a little game idea it sounds perfect for. I'm not a coder, but have been very frustrated at not being able to contribute fully to the GP32 scene, so as graphics are my talent I thought something like Zot would let me do nice looking maps and sprites etc with minimal coding. I'll also be using a Mac, and some of the other creation tools aren't Mac friendly.

Anyone else out there use Zot? Any tips? Is it easy to get to grips with? The development scene with it seems to be very quiet compared to some of the alternatives...

®

Check out the Zot Helper site .. he did a great job; my site of course has some docs (though not complete for the latest zot builds..)

People didn't really pile on board with Zot so its been very quiet; if I get time I'll finish up ZotBasic (a full scripting language for customizing AI's and such) and it'll really be flexible, but its still pretty good for screwing around with right now (witness BombZ).

You certainly can get a few maps going with some sprites walking around and such pretty darned easily :)

jeff

Back