Get Upto 20 Hours Onto A Dvd5 Disc

Steve-O

Heres My Quick guide on fitting upto 20 hours on a DVD5 disc or 40 hours on a DVD9 disc :D -

To do this you use "TMPGEnc 3.0 EXPRESS"
Add all you videos to the "Set Source section"
Set the encode mode to XDVD mode (which means Extended DVD mode)
Set the Audio to MPEG 1 (which gives you 18hours) or AC3 (which gives you 20 hours).
Then you hit start to Encode the films
Once complete you Start up TMPGenc DVD Author 1.6 and Fire the Video files into there

And thats how you Get upto 20 hours onto one 4.7gb DVD-R :D
(Or upto 40 hours onto one DVD9 disc :D )

I got 35 hours onto a DVD+R, but I only used 3.5gb of it and the quality wasn't good really, although watchable

I put 6 hours (3 Films) onto one DVD5 disc and the Quality Was Excellent, it looked Just like the source which were Xvid movie, a SVCD movie and a VCD movie... the Xvid movie that was converted looked just as good as a normal DVD!! :D

Also use TMPGenc DVD Author to make a nice menu.. I made a animated menu and it looked cool

Also Forgot to say, This will Work in a Normal Stand Alone DVD Player :D

Just Try it and see what it turns out like... You might as well as its only 1 DVDR that costs 30p MAX

Also if the source has surround sound etc you can keep that on them :D

Its Excellent :)

reading around it seems you can only get 10 hours per single layer disc, 20 hours on a dual layer.

Is this just a better implementation of the vcd resolution that is also a dvd standard?

the Xvid movie that was converted looked just as good as a normal DVD!!

i bet i can see the difference between an even good dvd-rip (1 or 2 cd's) and a real dvd.
so what does quality mean to you?

you can get a Dual Layer 16x speed burner now for £30 (£34 with the VAT added on)

And it is 20 hours on DVD5 or 40 hours on DVD9 :)

1200 minutes divided by 60 = 20 hours :)

fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck
:(

I paid ninety pounds for mine...

Now I wish I'd done more research <_<

OMG NOVATECH IS GETTING SILLY!!! -

SAMSUNG DUAL LAYER BURNER FOR £17 Ex VAT, £19 Inc VAT!!!!!!!

But unfortuanlty they sold out :(

BUT they are still getting silly!!! -

Black NEC Dual Layer Burner - £29 http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?NEC-ND250B

They did have a SONY Dual Layer burner at £23!!! But sold out and now its back up tp £25 (Still cheap)!! http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?SON-DRU710

FFS I wish I waited.. I paid £80 on a Single Layer burner last year.. But hey Its only 20 quid and I can have a Dual layer so its not bad :D

Plus Dual Layer isnt realy need (Cos of the price of the blanks), its just good to know you have it :)

Back