Get Medieval

Khayman

Still Fresh
Well i just found my old pc game called "Get Medieval".
It is like the Old Gauntlet game but better sound (With the voice of Arnold Swartcheneger as the Gladiator) and much more fun to play!
I soo whant this game on the gp2x... but cant get it to work with the pcemulators i tried.
Is there anyone hwo got this game to work?
http://www.getmedieval.com/

Nice looking game.

Did you perhaps notice that it is a comercial game with unreleased source code?

hehe swartcheneger? That's funny. It's actually spelled Schwarzenegger. If you were German, you would know that ;-) :D

xnopasaranx posted on Aug 4 2006 at 12:46 PM said:
hehe swartcheneger? That's funny. It's actually spelled Schwarzenegger. If you were German, you would know that ;-) :D
Hehe well it took a couple of guesses =) and still wrong.. darn!

Lobo posted on Aug 4 2006 at 12:28 PM said:
Nice looking game.

Did you perhaps notice that it is a comercial game with unreleased source code?

I sure did noticed that :) nice that you did to!
But as i said! i have a copy of the game for my pc.. but i whant to play it on mu GP2X and therefor i need a Emulator hwo can take the game!
So do you know how to get it to work in an pc emulator?

Last edited by a moderator:
I highly doubt that's Schwarzenegger. Sounds more like a very poor impersonation.
Ask yourself this: Would the Governator really participate in something like this?
And if such a thing occured, don't you think they'd plaster his name all over their site?

Magnulus posted on Aug 4 2006 at 07:24 PM said:
I highly doubt that's Schwarzenegger. Sounds more like a very poor impersonation.
Ask yourself this: Would the Governator really participate in something like this?
And if such a thing occured, don't you think they'd plaster his name all over their site?
Yea i know it´s a soundalike but still....
And this game was relesed before he got to be a Governator.

Dude, it recommends a p133...you won't be able to play this on your gp2x.

ravuya posted on Aug 6 2006 at 09:36 PM said:
Pretty sure Get Medieval is a Windows/DirectX game, which means dosbox won't do what it needs.

In any event, there's also no source code so a port is infeasible.
You are correct. From the features page:
Uses Microsoft's DirectX(tm) technology for superior performance and hardware compatibility

ravuya posted on Aug 7 2006 at 03:36 AM said:
Pretty sure Get Medieval is a Windows/DirectX game, which means dosbox won't do what it needs.

In any event, there's also no source code so a port is infeasible.
to bad... grrr

I know the game though, and if the source or a conversion were available, it would have been nice on the GP2X. Oh well, maybe somewhere there's a similar game that has source available? Just an idea.

Back