Get A Grip Jostick Tip

skaboy

Still Fresh
Dear all,

I thought I'd share a tip that I recently became aware of:

A couple of months back, I took delivery of one of Dave C's lovely joysticks. I fitted it following the instructions but pushed it down a bit too hard and actually sunk my GP2X joystick post. As a result, the joystick sat too low on the shaft and was coming into contact with the GP unit, giving me a dead zone on the left. This was fairly easily rectified by pulling the stick up a little but I only had to get a bit frantic in my gaming and it would sink again.

Last night I thought I'd try something: I rolled a lump of Blutak into a tiny sausage shape and threaded it into the hollow part of the joystick that sits on the shaft. I then pushed the stick onto the shaft and by virtue of the Blutak, the stick now sits a little higher. I can push as hard as I like and it no longer sinks and I have no dead zones.

I'm sure this is a rare problem, if not one that no-one else will have as they're not as heavy-handed as me. Just in case this happens to anyone else though, this is a good fix which I thought I'd share.

this have been done since the gp2x was first released, even with the original sticks :)
But you should use a bit of paper instand, so you can remove it.

this have been done since the gp2x was first released, even with the original sticks :)
But you should use a bit of paper instand, so you can remove it.

Oh well, too late for me, unless I get a pin and scrape the Blutak out.

Perhaps a mod would like to remove this thread if my advice puts anyone's GP at risk.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, i had alot of trouble with the stick when i first brought gp2x ( 2 weeks ago), I brought one of those new ones from gbax.com but it was no good because unlike the original it has a half shape on the bottom for better holding of the stick (I found this actually would bend the gp2x metal joystick out of sinc). So I went back to the original which has a complete hole at the bottom. Like you said I experimented and used paper and it solved all my problems just like that (magic), I kind of expected a couple of probs though because my gp32 required me to fix the right shoulder button and modify the screen to glass before I was completely happy !!

Long live minor problems in gamepark/gamepark holding consoles ( I understand they fixed this now though)

Back