German friends, I need you help to understand parcels pickup points

benoitb

Very Active Member
I'm French and will be in Berlin in 2 weeks for a business trade-show. I'll be staying in an hotel that is not staffed and where I cannot receive parcels as I won't be present during the day.

I'd like to purchase some items online in Germany: some electronics for solar panel systems. I'm confused with how to get items delivered to a pickup point.
It's quite simple in France but seems more involved in Germany. I tried registering to DHL but it doesn't work as I'm a foreigner with a foreign phone number it seems.

Is there an easy way to get a parcel delivered in a pickup location in Berlin for a foreigner ?

These are the items I'd like to purchase:
https://shop.allianceapps.io/products/opendtu-fusion-community-edition

Believe in German bureaucracy and accept that you'd need some German citizen to take the parcel for you.

Believe in German bureaucracy and accept that you'd need some German citizen to take the parcel for you.
Thanks for the clear answer :D I found a shop were I can pick up from their location in the north-west of Berlin. I'll loose some time to travel there but it seems like the only reasonable solution.

Reactions: rSl

I understood that I can go there from Monday to Friday, 10:00 to 18:00 and should buy 48h in advance to be sure.

Ah ok, you're talking about a merchant. Thought, it's about a shipping intermediate or something and that if they're few and far - like you'd have to travel all over Berlin - it must be rather special.

Two comments:
- Depending on the delivery service, many offering a delivery to their OWN pickup shops. Example: Hermes or GLS or UPS have own shops (often as a part of a different Lotto, BAckery/whatever'), so you should check the parcel service this shop is offering and check where the next pikcup location is.
- Delivery to a store normally keeps your package only for 7 days then they will return it (should be no issue for you, just wanted to mention it ;))

Back