Gentoo Linux - Taking it On!

Just to put my 2 cents in...

I think there are merits for and against this swap discussion. When it really comes down to it, the choice for or against swap will be determined by the applications that you choose to use, and the scope of what you want to be able to do with your pandora. It can be easily set up so that either path can be configured for a gentoo build. This allows that user to make a choice and simply partition, format, and enable swap... or not. I believe that the majority of this swap discussion will not be fully realized until we all have an opportunity to test the resources of the pandora and share results. Like javajake said previously, we can lay the framework now, but most of our finished product will not be completed until after we have time to play with the pandora.

<break>

As stated earlier on this forum, I will be getting a ssh/sftp server going that will enable those that want to play with javajake's build to collaborate with us and work towards a common pandora gentoo build. We will be using bazaar for collaboration management, and javajake's build was compiled using crossdev. I've been delayed a few days do to school, but the server has been rebuilt and I expect to have some initial build files/directories on the server this weekend. If your interested in a account to help with the project, send me a message or talk to me on FreeNode -> #gentoo-pandora. If you don't need a ssh account, anonymous sftp will be provided.

Back